Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 18, 2018

Takeover: WarGames Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT brand WWE Network special.

- Riddle/Ohno:
Well this is weird.

Damn. Thanks for coming, Kassius.

- Shayna vs. Kairi:
-- Fall One:
I love this already.

Ahh so we're in for a handicap match.

Well, that was kind of a disappointment.

-- Fall Two:
I love Shayna's tenacity. Kairi always fights hard, too.

This is pretty great. They're going hard.

Kairi didn't come here to cosplay!

-- Fall Three:
Damn. This is great.

Looks like we're in for a six-woman tag, no?

A lot going on. Everyone worked hard, but I was kind of hoping for more focus on the two people actually in the match.

- Gargano vs. Black:
I hope Johnny realizes what he's in for by slapping Black.

I'm surprised Johnny's such a good heel (tweener?).

These two work together very fluidly.

Black can deliver in a lot of different wats.

Just pure action here. I like it.

I mean, damn. They're putting on a clinic.

These two are beating the hell out of each other.

I'm really growing to like Heel Johnny.

Johnny's delusional. I love it.

Great work.

- Ciampa vs. Dream:
I love the difference between these two.

This feels difference from other matches on the card, which is probably good.

Dream's interesting for sure.

Ciampa is not amused by Velveteen. He's out to prove himself.

It's amazing to see a Hulk Hogan tribute get over on a Takeover special.

Dream is having a very interesting time.

I'm really liking this.

They're doing some really interesting stuff here. This is definitely different from Ciampa vs. Gargano.

That was a pretty kickass match.

- WarGames:
-- Cole vs. Ricochet:
This should be exciting.

GOOD GAWD that uppercut spot.

-- Cole/KOR vs. Ricochet:
Oh man Ricochet's in trouble.

-- Cole/KOR vs. Ricochet/Hanson:
Interesting tension between Hanson and Dunne.

OH MY GOD THAT SSP!!!!

-- Cole/KOR/Strong vs. Ricochet/Hanson:This is put together really well. The unit of UE has a strategy and they're executing it.

-- Cole/KOR/Strong vs. Ricochet/Raiders:
I like the story of the fresh monster vs. the tired technicians.

This is really fun.

HAHAHHAHA FISH YOU DEVIOUS BASTARD.

-- UE vs. Ricochet/Raiders:
This is a LOT of fun. Often wrestling can feel very formulaic. That's not the case on this show. There's real energy here.

I love UE pressing the advantage.

-- UE vs. Ricochet/Raiders/Dunne:Payback time from Dunne.

My God this is insane.

I'm loving the combinations here.

All these styles make a fun mesh. There's a lot of everything on display.

Just constant action here. Big great spot after big great spot.

Jesus. They're really swinging for the fences with this one.

OHHHHH MYYYYYY GOOOOOODDDDDDDDDD THAT MOONSAULT!!!!!!!

They keep delivering more and more.

I'm loving all the action, but things are going a little long for one match.

Really badass work.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment