Total Pageviews

Friday, August 23, 2013

Impact Wrestling Reax - 8/22/13

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

Re: Aces and Eights. This is the angle, that never ends. It just goes on and on, my friends. Etc..

Mostly good opening segment. I'm glad we more or less started with some TNA Originals getting the spotlight.

Pretty quick opening contest, no? I definitely wouldn't mind them going longer.

I'm very curious as to which direction Aries will take.

That was a nice little X-Division match. I'm VERY glad that they dropped the 3-way gimmick.

The Aces and Eights/MEM stuff moved the story along. Not much else to say.

There were a lot of moving parts in that match with the interferences and such. The match itself was pretty good as far as hardcore matches go. I'm enjoying the Joseph Park gimmick and Jay Bradley is really stepping up.

Nice post-match.

Another MEM segment. Tonight's a big match, so it makes sense to focus on them a lot I suppose. Where the heck is Sabin?

The sooner we get away from Bully and Tito, the better. The Tessmacher heel turn was obvious once we knew that Brooke Hogan was gone. I'm really glad that she hit the bricks. Hopefully her dad's next.

Gail vs. ODB was pretty good. I've definitely seen worse from ODB.

I loved the Hardy video package. Great to put him over.

Entertaining stuff with Aries. I hope he's a top guy in the years to come.

How long before Sabin's just another X-Division/midcard guy? They clearly don't care about him all that much.

That was a pretty cool moment for AJ. About time they got behind him.

Now THAT'S how you get AJ over. Really good match (though I might just be thinking that because they're getting behind AJ and Devon's gone). I'm sure Devon wasn't cheap to keep around.

Good post-match to show that there's some light at the end of the tunnel for this angle.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment