Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Interviews with Orton/Korderas/ex-WWE writer/Del Rio/Divas/Punk/Titus/Show, Austin appearance, next TNA special, more on Young, Hardcore Justice rating, Brooke Hogan gone from TNA, and Questions on gay wrestlers, Savage, and Menounos

Randy Orton talked about up-and-coming talent, Darren Young coming out, and more. I like Orton, but it's hard to justify pushing someone with two Wellness strikes sometimes.

Steve Austin was at Summerslam weekend, meeting with JR and HHH. I think HHH was one of Austin's favorite opponents. As cool as it would be to see HHH and Austin mix it up one more time, I don't know if that would be the best use of two performers mostly removed from their in-ring careers.

Former referee Jimmy Korderas talked about the botched finish on Raw and more. I do think that the commentators take away from things at times.

TNA will have No Surrender on 9/12. I'm guessing that's when they'll wrap up the BFG Series.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Vince McMahon commented on Darren Young's decision to come out. So far everyone seems supportive of him.

Speaking of Young, he was on the "Today Show" to discuss his decision to come out. I'll try not to get too political about this, since this is a wrestling blog. I'm just glad that he can be comfortable with who he is and that he can inspire others to do the same. This is a pretty cool story.

Update: Young was originally booked for Summerslam promotion, but then this story took flight and he got on the "Today Show".

Update: TMZ has more on Young coming out.  I'd rather him be happy with someone of his own sex than miserable with someone of the opposite sex.

And speaking of Vince, former WWE writer Alex Greenfield talked about working with him and other stories from his time there. Highlights here. Both stories were really interesting. The wrestling business is like nothing else in the world.

C.M. Punk has been added to a 10/13 live event in Philadelphia. Good news for fans there; I'm sure they'll appreciate it.

Alberto Del Rio talked about preferring to work as a heel and more. Looking forward to his match tomorrow night!

Natalya, Naomi, and Cameron were on E! News to talk "Total Divas". I hope that their appearance gets people to watch WWE. Heck, WWE does well just by the reality show doing well.

The rating for the Hardcore Justice edition of Impact was 1.32 million. Not bad for them at all.

C.M. Punk, Titus O'Neil, and Big Show all talked ahead of Summerslam. I always chuckle at "What's the haps?". Punk's always worth listening to. I enjoyed the Titus interview as well (and not just the support for Young). Glad that Show's healthier. I'm not sure I want to see him for FIVE MORE YEARS, but he's good to have around as such a veteran and big presence.

Brooke Hogan has been released from her TNA contract in a cost-cutting measure. She could end up returning, but for now she's no longer employed. On one hand, I wanted her story to reach its ending at or around BFG, but I hated most of the segments she was in. I think they can still make sense of Bully vs. Hulk without her, so that's good. Heck, she was one of the people I wanted to see leave the company once BFG "season" is done and they have to make new storylines anyway, so I can't really complain. In fact, I already hate TNA less. There's still work to do, though.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. Nothing to add there. I don't know of any other gay wrestlers other than those who have come out. Honestly, it's not really my business.

2. Unsuccessful troll is unsuccessful. I can't find anything either.

3. I don't know if the phrasing "EXTRA level of publicity" was an intentional stealth pun, but I dug it. That's pretty much it. I can certainly see her going in, because the WWE Hall of Fame is about publicity to some degree vs. who deserves it. I don't dislike Menounos at all; in fact, I like her enthusiasm for the business. I just don't know if she should be in the WWE Hall of Fame.

Nothing to add to 4 or 5.

More wrestling tomorrow, including a preview for Summerslam.

No comments:

Post a Comment