Total Pageviews

Friday, August 30, 2013

Superstars and Impact Wrestling Reax - 8/29/13

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Superstars and Impact Wrestling.

Superstars:
Nice little 6-man to start the show. Some good action shown by those guys.

Cesaro vs. Ziggler was REALLY good. Two athletes in peak condition showing off their wrestling acumen. I hope both guys have big futures (and will be surprised if they don't!).

Impact Wrestling:
At least that Aces and Eights segment was newsworthy. With Anderson's contract due soon, it'll be RRRREEEEAAAAALLLLLYYY interesting to see where they go with him in the weeks to come. What if they work something out where he wins the Title as a condition of staying? That'd be interesting at least. Not that I want to see it. And I hope Spike and Bellator are really happy with the use of the MMA guys in major angles.

The Jeffster is READY, brother. Everyone wants to see Bully Ray vs. Jeff Hardy again. They've only faced off since 1999.

That's one of the best performances I've seen from Kazarian in a while. He really shifted it into a higher gear. Good little match as far as car crashes go.

A Bully/Anderson feud could be interesting, especially if Anderson's leaving.

That was definitely better than I'm used to seeing ODB. I can survive her feuding with Mickie. I just hope she doesn't take the Title.

Interesting wrinkle in the Velvet/Sabin story. When will we see him again?

I'm really ready for the BFG Series to be over. It's some complicated stuff with all the points standings and such.

Nice Aries promo. I wouldn't mind him taking the Title at BFG.

I get this weird feeling that we're in for Bully vs. Hogan. It would make sense, and they've been teasing it for a long time, so in some ways I feel that they're justified in doing it.

I think that's got to be the greatest promo I've ever heard from AJ. I don't think he needed to drop his real name, but that felt REALLY from the heart. Man.

Roode vs. Styles had some really good drama, due to the BFG Series stip and AJ's contract status. I'm very interested in where this is going.

I'm pretty interested in Hogan's announcement as well, given the current state of TNA.

Damn. That match was a lot of crazy spots. It was good, though. I enjoy both Daniels and Aries these days. I can only wonder what this means for AJ, since I was pretty sure he'd win it all before the contract issue came up.

Who else is itching to see Tito vs. Hogan? I'd be pretty pissed if I had been busting my ass for TNA as a wrestler and two part-timers who barely wrestle (or have never wrestled in Tito's case) are more important.

More crazy swerves from TNA. This feels very WCW 2000 where they keep having to pull out more big gimmicks and surprises. I'm intrigued with everything they pulled out, though. Who will win the BFG Series? What does the future hold for Anderson, Styles, and Sting? Etc..

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment