Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Main Event Reax - 8/14/13, Interviews with HHH/Bryan/Heyman, botched finish on Raw?, celebrity wrestling at AXXESS, Summerslam notes, Sheamus injury pics, and Questions on BROCK LESNAR, Bryan and Austin, "Total Divas", another reality show, and Goldberg

Main Event:
I think that might have been Cody's best match to date! Both guys looked really good as far as in-ring talents. It elevated Rhodes to look like he was in Del Rio's league (though it can certainly be argued that they could have made Del Rio look stronger).

While in some ways I dislike Main Event for "just" being wrestling matches, in some ways it's enjoyable to just see what these guys can do in longer matches. Both teams looked good here, and everyone involved is still pretty young. WWE's future looks bright.

I'm always down to someone get FIVED. I enjoy both competitors, though I think it makes more sense for them to face some people who have been on the main roster longer so they learn a little more. I'll be curious to see how Big E does on Sunday.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Triple H gave an interview ahead of Summerslam on Bryan, the WWE Performance Center, Rock, Hogan, and more. I know a lot of people make fun of HHH, but I'm very impressed by his wrestling knowledge and savvy.


A WWE official talked about the AJ/Natalya finish. I think he's right.

Maria Menounos will be competing at Summerslam AXXESS, teaming with Natalya against The Bella Twins  (or Brie and a partner if Nikki isn't 100%). It seems like they'd put the celebrity on the actual PPV, no? I know a lot of people were upset with her performance at WrestleMania - to her credit, she was injured then.

Update:  It will be Brie Bella and Eva Marie vs. Natalya and Maria Menounos. Yeah, maybe there's a reason they didn't put that one on PPV given the experience level of two of the competitors.

Daniel Bryan was interviewed. Hurry up, Summerslam!!! As for him coming back at Summerslam 2010, there's a BIG difference between Bryan then and Bryan now. He's grown by leaps and bounds as a sports entertainer and connecting with the crowd. That's what's important. Props for putting over Sami Zayn. Let's not get TOO high on him too early, but I'm impressed by what I've seen of him in NXT. I continue to believe that we need SOME "big guys" on the roster. I don't know about Khali (other than the appeal to the Indian audience), but Henry and Kane for sure should stick around. Also: LOOK AT THIS NERD. HE DOESN'T EVEN OWN A TV.

Here's the lowdown on WWE's social media use connected to Summerslam. WWE: We're f#&#ing everywhere. Seriously, they've got a lot of platforms and people shilling their events.

Sheamus posted some photos of fluffy kittens his torn labrum. Ouch.

Paul Heyman talked about Summerslam. I want him to do an autobiography - especially an audiobook. He is one of, if not the single best, "pitch guy(s)" I've ever seen. He even put over Cena like crazy.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I know that Billy Kidman was upset that Lesnar tried the SSP, but other than that I expect that they recognize that it's part of the job. Lesnar's bringing in enough money and attention to the company to silence any complaints, justified as they might be.

2. I can see some of the comparison for sure. That dueling promo could be pretty funny.

3. Yep! If you don't believe him, check out "Reality Bites Back" by Jennifer L. Pozner.

4. It could be interesting. I just think that in general, it makes sense to focus on a couple of lead characters instead of switching around who's in the spotlight every week. I also don't know how well it would go over with the mainstream audience.

5. I'm not sure what "How do you you?" means, but I'm going to start saying it. At any rate, I don't see it happening. The story I always hear is that he wants more money than WWE or TNA are willing to give him. He's 46 and hasn't wrestled on TV in 9 years. They probably figure that they can get more with their current crop of stars.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment