Total Pageviews

Monday, August 19, 2013

Summerslam Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Summerslam.

Pre-show:
I'm liking the stuff with the panel and Renee Young. It makes the event feel real and big.

Always an awesome promo from Heyman.

Nice stuff with Dolph, Big E, and AJ.

Good debates and checking in with the fans.

Interesting match to start things off: RVD looked good without winning the Title. This was somewhat predictable ending-wise, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It happens.

I'm shocked that they didn't set up a 6-man or something for the actual PPV.

Cool visual to send us to the actual show.

Summerslam:
Not looking forward to a lot of these "host" segments, though it's not a bad idea to give the action some breathing room.

I hate to say it, but the Ring of Fire stip felt kind of cheap since the whole point of the match was that the Family couldn't interfere. Wyatt surviving 3 chokeslams was insane. All in all, it felt like another case of putting someone over while keeping the other person strong. I'm sure they can run with it from here with killer segments from the Wyatts. I just feel that sometimes things get too convoluted.

WHOA. Cool post-match. Not crazy about Wyatt getting up from 3 chokeslams, but it is what it is. Obviously that's huge on his part.

I like the reaction from the panel instead of just going from one thing to another at a rapid pace so it has some time to sink in.

Ahh, good old Sandow. I'm still dying at that interview with Sam Roberts from the other day.

Hmmm.... not really sure how to feel about Rhodes going over since theoretically Sandow needs to be kept strong in case they need to do an emergency cash-in. Both guys are quite talented and I think they can have a good story that gets both further over. Maybe they should make Cody more of a common man (don't overdo it) to contrast with the elitist Sandow?

A little shocked that Christian lost clean. It looks like we're back "on again" with Del Rio's push. FOR NOW. Solid match (I expected nothing less; both men are at the tops of their games).

Good post-match promo from Del Rio. I think wrestling needs more interviews and down time between some matches. For one thing, interviews don't take nearly the kind of toll on someone.

Wow; yeah. Not a fan of that Miz segment. I get that they want to lighten some things up. It just feels like they do that a little too much.

Awesome to see Natalya win despite all of the shenanigans. I want to see her challenge AJ myself.

I don't know what the heck they're doing to Ryback. This is starting to seem really silly. They should do a take on Cheeseburger Josh with an NXT star being a caterer who wrecks Ryback's sh*t for picking on the wrong guy. Kassius Ohno?

F*CK YES. Punk vs. Lesnar was all kinds of awesome. I think that went exactly as it should have to set up a rematch (HIAC?). Both men are amazing.

I think I'd take a splash from Henry to go to Summerslam.

Nice mixed tag. Everyone there works well, especially with each other. I wouldn't mind more from Ziggler vs. Big E, but I think it's time to move on from AJ vs. Kaitlyn (Kaitlyn can feud with Layla). Give it some breathing room so you can bring it back later.

>More Miz and Fandango. WWE pls. I guess it keeps cleansing our palate from Punk/Lesnar.

BAH GAWD KING DREAMS DO COME TRUE. Yep. Bryan beat Cena in an amazing match. I really wish people would admit that Cena can hang with the best of them. Absolutely great stuff.

NO! NOT THIS WAY! That was actually kind of cool. Bryan vs. HHH at Mania could be great if they actually elevate Bryan to that next level and don't turn it into "HHH is still a badass".

I ain't even mad: Orton and HHH screwing Bryan gives them a killer story to go on. And how does Cena factor in?

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment