Total Pageviews

Friday, August 2, 2013

Query on Fandango, ex-NFL star wants to wrestle, Interviews with Ryder/Sting/James Storm/Rock/Gabriel, more from Orton attacker, TNA in India, Knockouts press, Rayne talks TNA departure, Lawler remembers Maclin, JR Q&A, final #August1Warning video, #AskDixie, and Questions on The Shield, promoting the Orton attacker, other Divas on "Total Divas", a mystery woman, and Tara

First up, a query:
1. It is WAY too early to declare Fandango "the new Shawn Michaels" (I assume this is a comparison to the early HBK gimmick). I enjoy Fandango's work and all, but he's still pretty new to the main roster. Ask again in a few years and maybe I'll see the comparison.

Former NFL player Quinn Ojinnaka is looking to move into pro wrestling. He's had tryouts with WWE and has some matches under his belt. That's a good start. I wish him well.

Zack Ryder talked about his current status in WWE. Remember when they pushed him?

The fan (?) who attacked Randy Orton released a promo about his actions.
Seriously, a mental health professional needs to look into this. I think "delusional" is fairly appropriate here.

All of the rest of yesterday's non-financial news is after the break.
All of TNA's programming will now be available in India. That's pretty cool! I wonder if this will lead to Sonjay Dutt returning to the company, and/or anyone from Ring Ka King.

Muscle and Fitness had photos of the currently employed TNA Knockouts. Hopefully no one determines that any of them are too "heavy for TV" and release them.

They also talked to Sting. Kind of funny that he'll be a part of a biker gang in that new movie, since he's facing off with Aces and Eights in TNA. I'm also glad that he's away from drugs and the like. It sounds like he might not be wrestling much longer, so enjoy him while he's around.

James Storm was interviewed ahead of a live event. I hope misspelling Bret Hart's first name was a simple typo and not someone who didn't look up how it was spelled. That stinger sounds dangerous.

Madison Rayne talked about leaving TNA and more. I'm glad that he's taking the high road.

The Rock discussed his status as a wrestler. I'd go on the assumption that he's not returning. That way it will be a pleasant surprise if he does!

Jerry Lawler discussed the death of Corey Maclin. Wow. I've never heard Lawler sound so somber. Not that I can blame him.

Justin Gabriel talked in South Africa. I loved the interviewers' accents. Also a pretty good job putting over the product I think. I'm getting more used to his accent. I think there's still plenty of time for him to "break out" at 32.

Jim Ross had some new Q&As on his website. Talk about learning from a master professor.

Adam Pearce got some fun out of the #August1Warning hype. Kudos to him for getting some attention on himself. Pretty entertaining.

Dixie Carter answered some fan questions. I thought we were supposed to use the hashtag #AskDixie? No one did there. Some of those weren't even questions! I'm interested about using more international talents. As for Goldberg, I would think that if it hasn't happened by now, it's not going to happen.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. Timeline time! I believe that one of WWE's announcers used the name on Twitter, and when they had their first promo with Michael Cole, they used the name. It was pretty cool.

2. Hey! We talked about this kind of thing in MCOM104! I mainly reported it because everyone else was, BUT I think there's a very valid argument that it only encourages this kind of fame-seeking behavior.

3. Reportedly, NXT's Charlotte was on Episode 1 being trained by Natalya. Who the heck is Nicole? But yeah, the talents mentioned are the focal points of the show.

4. It could always happen someday. Bellator does have female fighters after all. Seriously, though, I haven't heard of any plans of doing that kind of angle.

I think that the answer to 5 pretty much summed things up, so I have nothing to add.

All of WWE's financial news coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment