Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

JR talks Sheamus, Interviews with Punk/Miz/HBK, see HBK, celebrity at Summerslam?, new Hardcore Justice match, TNA star in WWE 2K14, Smackdown audience, more Total Divas hype, Summerslam pre-show notes, and Questions on MITB cashing in, changing Kofi, Option C, Sheamus, and Cena

Jim Ross talked about Sheamus' injury. Cool that JR put him over. He's a great worker.

Here's a transcript of a C.M. Punk Q&A. WHY do fans feel like they have to use wrestlers' real names? Do they do this to Tom Cruise or Bono or anyone? I would figure that the straight edge concept wouldn't be too hard to understand: NO DRINKING. Anyway, he's always enjoyable to hear from. I like that he puts over younger members of the roster.

The Miz talked about his nerves and more. He has some of the best facial expressions.

Shawn Michaels is scheduled for some Q&A signings ahead of Summerslam AXXESS. How many Montreal questions do you think he'll get?

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.





Maria Menounos is being hinted at for being a part of Summerslam on Sunday, possibly even physically. If Nikki Bella was cleared to compete, we could have gotten the Bellas vs. Natalya and Maria. Maria's a hard worker and a legitimate WWE fan (not to mention gorgeous), so as far as celebrity appearances go, this could have been a lot worse.

Shawn Michaels talked about his former pupil Daniel Bryan ahead of his match at Summerslam. Bryan's positive attitude is great. So many people (wrestlers and otherwise) would have been upset and complaining about where he had to train and working in front of so few people, fighting and clawing his way up to where he is now.

TNA has added some matches to Hardcore Justice, while moving the MEM vs. Aces and Eights match to the 8/22 episode. Details here. I'm thinking that they moved the 10-man tag to explain why Angle's not there in kayfabe. That's still a pretty good line-up.

Hulk Hogan among others have been announced for WWE 2K14. Hogan is able to market his license outside of TNA. I can't blame Hogan for getting in on that deal. And maybe it gets TNA some publicity for him to be in there?

Smackdown was down to 2.49 million viewers this week. Not good going into Summerslam, but maybe they'll rebound.

"Total Divas" ' JoJo will be singing the National Anthem at Summerslam. I wonder what Zeb Colter thinks about that?

Eva Marie is in the latest "Maxim" magazine to promote "Total Divas". All of the cast will be on E!'s The Soup on Wednesday to promote the show and Summerslam. Hey, if it gets people watching Summerslam, I think it's a good thing.

Shawn Michaels, Booker T., and Natalya will be on the pre-Summerslam panel. That should be cool.

Dean Ambrose vs. RVD will be on the Summerslam pre-show. I wonder what RVD thinks about that?

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. While it didn't have a question mark, it was something of a question. As in "what if WWE did this?". First, I should state that I'm a big fan of both Sandow and Rhodes and want both to look good at Summerslam. That said, this would feature 2-3 World Title changes in one night and I'm not a fan of that. Plus, Sandow being Champion for under 3 hours isn't something that I think would really elevate him that much. Personally, i think they should hold off for a while before Sandow cashes in. Summerslam already has Bryan's chase for the WWE Title, Punk vs. Lesnar, HHH, and RVD. It's pretty loaded. Sandow and Rhodes will almost certainly be overshadowed as it is. I think they should hold off Sandow and/or Rhodes winning until it can a bigger spotlight. Otherwise, I don't think it does him as much good as it could/would.

2. I like Kofi, but I can see how some would see that his moves look kind of silly as far as being a part of a "real" match. I'm not sure that they should turn him heel, but I definitely think it's time for his character to do something new. What happened with Prince Nana's tryout!?

3. This requires breaking down: I don't dislike the principles behind the idea, but I don't see any reason to eliminate either U.S./IC Championship (instead they should push them more). I wouldn't mind an NXT match at Night of Champions, but in general NXT matches/mentions should be rare (since the whole point of NXT is that they're "not ready" for the main roster). I think I might prefer an NXT Title match at NOC to them cashing in the Championship, as something of a commercial for NXT. And it's a big exaggeration to say that no one cares about WWE's midcard Titles. Why would all those people enter the U.S. Title battle royal and fight so hard to face Ambrose if no one cared?

4. It really does seem like the IWC wants a roster made almost entirely of heels, tweeners, and anti-heroes. I really like Sheamus as a motivated babyface (like in the feud with Henry), but I guess they want him to appeal to the little Jimmys with the bad jokes.

5. Also it seems like the IWC hates everything that Cena does. I didn't really take issue with it. Heck, Cena's worked over 2000 matches. He could retire tomorrow and I wouldn't fault him.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment