Total Pageviews

Friday, August 9, 2013

Superstars and Impact Wrestling Reax - 8/8/13

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.
Superstars:
Ugh. Khali and Hornswoggle. WHY, VINCE, WHY??? I hope the little Jimmys liked that (and the Indian audience), because I sure didn't.

PTP vs. Ryder and Gabriel really got good near the end. The whole match was nice, but I especially liked the ending sequence. It could just be that I just had to watch a "Great" Khali match, though. I do think that you need some matches to bring the audience back down from more fast-paced stuff, but if I was watching WWE for the first time and had to see Khali and Hornswoggle, I don't know that I'd continue to watch.

Only two matches? :/ I guess in some ways, that's good because there are only so many matches I can watch in a day before my mind turns to mush. And speaking of minds of mush, it's time for...

Impact Wrestling:
I hope that this means that heel Don West is behind Aces and Eights. If anyone can fix TNA's financial crisis, it's him.

Welp, looks like Bully's taking the Title back next week. TNA probably panicked when they saw that viewership was up under Sabin's run. That was unusual for them, so they're going back to what they know. Hopefully anyone who was fooled that TNA was beginning a new era will watch something else on Thursdays now. Or play a video game or something. Or better yet: tune in for the guys like Aries and Roode,  and then switch the channel when a non-wrestler or wrestler who should be retired comes on.

Joe vs. Hardy was pretty good until the ending. Hopefully the people backstage are taking note at how good Joe was here. I'll give Hardy credit as well: He's been taking bumps for quite a while, and is another former WWE name, but I think he's earned his way to the TNA roster.

Not really crazy about the idea of breaking up Bad Influence. Can't have any TNA Originals getting over I guess (unless they're MMA stars).

That was GENIUS by Roode, and very heelish. But what's to stop that happening regularly for the rest of the Series? Magnus looked good as he always does, and Anderson was no slouch.

The post-match was good, but I think they need to do something to discourage something like that happening again in the Series. Anyway, Roode vs. Magnus at BFG would be pretty sweet.

The Robbie/Jessie/Mickie segment was pretty funny. I like them.

I don't really follow MMA, so I wonder if Tito's a big enough star to warrant all of this fuss over him from TNA. I know his MMA record since October 2006 is 1-7-1 and he retired after his last loss. So, yeah; I guess he fits in TNA perfectly. Heck, maybe they're putting the belt back on Bully so that Tito can win it. Just think of all of the mainstream publicity that that won't get!

Yep; Sabin's officially TNA's (2004) Randy Orton. Maybe WWE will bring him to NXT? In other news, I'm totally down with Aces and Eights dropping someone, especially if they bring Bobby Roode in to replace him. The seeds were planted with him taking out Magnus with a chair.

Well; that was underwhelming. I wonder if either Bully or Angle will take on Tito at some point? I could take a crack at Angle's rehab here, but I hope he gets clean, so I won't. Either way, it's a former WWE star over 40 facing a non-wrestler. Admittedly, Angle and Bully aren't just any former WWE wrestlers over 40.

So here are your current potential challengers for Beer Gunner or whatever they're called: Aries/Roode, Chavo/Hernandez, and Bad Influence all lost at Slammiversary. Bro-Mans are a joke. Joe and Magnus are faces. So that pretty much leaves Aces and Eights. Presumably Bully's tied up in the World Title picture, so it looks like it might be some combination of Devon, Anderson, Knux, Brisco, and Bischoff going for the gold. Yyyeeeeeaaaahhhh... not crazy about that.

Also we have to see ODB wrestle again soon. Maybe the audience can have some of her booze to make it through that. Honestly, Gail can carry just about anyone, so it shouldn't be too bad.

Yeah, Daniels vs. Kazarian was a thing. It made sense, though.

I like Roode, Kazarian, and Daniels. I'm just not really sure I want to see them all together. Where does Aries fit in? Is he turning face? At least that would be something kind of fresh.

I'll admit that I'm at least curious as to what Tito's going to do in TNA.

The main event wasn't bad at all. It didn't necessarily make Sabin look like World Title material, but I enjoyed it.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment