Total Pageviews

Monday, August 26, 2013

McMahons box, Interviews with Clay/Goldberg/Hart/Beefcake, today's history lesson, Sorensen lawyering up?, scary Tyson story, Wrestling Legends Night coverage, Styles update, assorted press, NXT update, and Questions on podcasts, Anderson, Mike Bennett, modern Horsemen, and Matt Striker

Triple H and Stephanie McMahon did some boxing training.

Brodus Clay talked about a number of topics in an interview promoting his movie. I might not be crazy about his gimmick, but I think he's safer in that role than he was as another big hulking powerhouse. He can always turn heel down the line and crush heads.

Here's a look back at the early days of televised pro wrestling, specifically the popularity of Gorgeous George. Pretty cool stuff. It's a shame how George's life ended.

Sean Waltman encouraged Jesse Sorensen to speak with a lawyer about TNA not covering his medical bills. Things really don't look good for TNA these days.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

I normally don't comment on non-wrestlers unless it involves wrestling, but Mike Tyson is fighting alcohol addiction. Stay sober, Mike!

USA Today and MLB.com covered Wrestling Legends Night in Miami. That could be the closest we get to a Goldberg in-ring return.

Update: Goldberg and Bret Hart talked there. I don't think there's any reason to bring Goldberg in for WM30, honestly. Is there really that big of a market for him to come back? If it was putting over Ryback, that'd be ok. But going against Taker for the Streak? Not something I want to see. I think that match would be limited compared to Taker's recent Mania matches. I'd rather see someone fresh get the nod. What the heck was going on with Neidhart in that interview?

AJ Styles and TNA will continue to talk this week. I haven't heard of any interest from WWE, which is really a shame. I'd love to see him face off with the likes of Punk, Bryan, Cesaro, etc..

Cody Rhodes will be speaking at Thunderhead High School ahead of Raw. WWE really gets out there.

Here's a Biographic comic on John Cena. Pretty cool.

Here's a piece on WrestleMania possibly going to Detroit. Oh, man! $1.62 per man, woman, and child in exchange for all those fans in Windsor hotels eating at Windsor restaurants, etc.. Clearly this needs to be stopped.

Here's a really shot blurb on a WWE live event. Like, REALLY short.

WWE NXT is now available on the free section on Hulu Plus. Get to watching it, because there's some good stuff there. There are some performers there with some real potential.

Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake talked about WWE, WCW, and more. Pretty depressing in places.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I've heard great things about both! They should do a cross-over or something.

2. I was in attendance when Kennedy/Anderson made his Smackdown debut and was quite impressed. His early years were definitely something to watch, and there were times when I thought he was going to break out. I think he just couldn't live up to the hype and the amount of potential a lot of people thought he had. When he wasn't matched up with the right people, he did become really stale and it wasn't enjoyable to watch. I haven't thought of him as a potential breakout act in years. He's definitely had plenty of chances, but it never came together for him. Honestly, I can't really think of much to do with him in either promotion under his current gimmick. He needs a radical change if he's going to ever become more than a secondary player.

3. I wondered that as well. I haven't heard anything about him coming to WWE in quite a while. In fact, I'd pretty much assumed that he was staying in ROH. Time will tell.

4. A lot of times you don't know how a faction is going to work out/work together until they're put together, so I wouldn't just say "ok, this one's the Flair, etc.". Part of me wants to eventually see a stable with Cody Rhodes, Richie Steamboat, and Charlotte given all of their connections, but that's neither here nor there. I would think maybe a 4th member of The Shield could give things something of a Horsemen dynamic. Where are you, Kassius Ohno?

5. I guess he didn't fit the WWE mold of what they wanted in that role. I enjoyed his work a lot most of the time. Much better than what we get from some of the other commentators in pro wrestling (though a lot of times it's because they're produced to be a certain way).

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment