Total Pageviews

Monday, August 5, 2013

Morgan talks Angle, Interviews with Bryan/Henry, changes in TNA live event, WWE star on Shark Week, and Questions on Angle, WWE ironmen, TNA running small venues, and "free PPVs"

Matt Morgan discussed Kurt Angle's recent issues and decision to go to rehab. I really hope that Angle kicks his habits. I support him in this stage of his life. It won't be easy.

Daniel Bryan talked to DirecTV, in two parts. I feel like something magic might be in the air for him at Summerslam. I find it awesome that Bryan is so complimentary of people he's worked with. Great attitude. That interview almost single-handedly sold Summerslam for me. Cena/Bryan could be one of those moments you tell future generations about.

Mark Henry talked ahead of Raw. Scary strong guy.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Due to Kurt Angle entering rehab, TNA had to change around their live event card. Here was the changed card. None of the MEM (Angle, Sting, Rampage, Joe, Magnus), no Hogans, no MMA stars, no Bully Ray, no Austin Aries, no Abyss (TV Champion), no Mickie James (Womens' Champion), and no Manik (X-Division Champion). Yeah, I can't see why no one would go to a TNA live event either...

Justin Gabriel will be a part of a talk show on Discovery Channel's Shark Week. Cool.

Brock Lesnar is not advertised for the Raw after Summerslam, which is a little odd, but maybe they have something better in mind.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. To me, the main thing is that he gets better. That's in everyone's bets interest - WWE, TNA, Angle, etc..

2. We should still hope that he gets better, I think, so that he never puts anyone in danger like that again. I agree that he was irresponsible with his dangerous behavior, though.

3. I'd think that Antonio Cesaro could as well. Others likely could; I just haven't seen enough of them in long match situations to say "for sure".

4. I also kind of wonder about this. They're running Asheville, NC in a few weeks: it's the largest city in Western NC, but only has a population of about 86,000. Most of the more populous cities are elsewhere in the state. I've heard the argument that they're going to places where WWE doesn't hit as often, and it is cheaper, but maybe WWE hits those places because that's where wrestling fans are?

5. Destination X, Hardcore Justice, etc. aren't actually PPVs - they're just special episodes of Impact like Open Fight Night was (is?). I don't think they're going to sell those shows on DVD. They have a big match or two, but aren't as "stacked" as actual PPVs.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment