Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Raw Reax - 11/25/13

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
Wow! That's.... Really!? It feels like they're hitting the panic button with that TLC main event. Maybe they have a greater narrative in mind, but WWE Title vs. World Title feels like a Wrestlemania main event to me. There are fans watching now who don't even remember the days before there were two top champions. Let's see what they do here. Anyway, great segment.

I liked the opening tag match, though it seemed like last night they were set to elevate Reigns specifically. Regardless, The Shield as a whole are talented and worthy of being made a bigger deal.

What the #&@* did I just watch? Funny stuff from Titus, but the segment was VERY sports-entertainmenty. I wonder what the percentage of the audience is who pays to see stuff like that instead of stuff designed to actually get the wrestlers and feuds over. Save that kind of stuff for commercials or the WWE Network or something.

I hate how WWE didn't give any promo time to Henry before putting him back in the ring on Raw. Or The Shield earlier after their Survivor Series win. Heck, we barely got any reaction from Orton on beating Big Show and none at all from Cena beating Del Rio. It's straight on to the next thing. Maybe enough people watch the videos on WWE.com and such that connect the dots and I'm complaining for nothing, but it feels like they're missing part of the story here.

Somebody just got they ass kicked. Maybe Big E will get the rub from working with Henry? I'd love to see the remaining veterans on the roster work with the up-and-coming stars some more while they can still "go".

Ehhhh. That match felt a little unnecessary. I almost wish we had one WWE show with the silly comedy and unimportant matches and the other can be saved for building wrestlers, etc. It feels really weird the way it is.

I'm not really feeling The Slammys this go 'round, but maybe there'll be something fun involved.

I think WWE could really use some freshening up behind-the-scenes so the undercard performers have something to do beyond filler matches.

For everyone who misses the Attitude Era, this meaningless hardcore match would have fit right in there. Maybe we DON'T need to return to that?

Ugh. WWE comedy. The Wyatt Family should mean more than just another skit.

Oh, no. We're in for stupid Thanksgiving stuff, aren't we?

I liked the Punk/Bryan segment. They play off each other really well given their natural chemistry. I got a kick out of the Cabana references.

I liked the handicap match for what it was. I want to see a gimmick match between the two sides at TLC.

Weird post-match. Are The Shield and the Wyatts on the same page or not? Hmmm....

I liked Miz vs. Kingston alright. Does it hold any greater meaning for either performer or are they just kind of trapped in undercard Purgatory?

Non-wrestling stuff. Fast forward.

Glad Xavier Woods is getting another chance to show what he can do. I hope he does well.

I don't dislike Woods. He's doing well enough so far. He's still very early in his on-screen career, so let's give him some time to show what he can do.

>More comedy skits.
Make it stop!!! If I wanted to see variety show stuff, I'd watch something else.

I mostly liked the main event. I've seen enough Show and Cena matches for a while, I think, but everyone involved worked hard. It's a shame Del Rio doesn't look like as big of a deal as he could. I hope he rebounds.

I liked the post-match well enough. It's really crazy to see someone hold up both top championships. It's been so long since we've had an Undisputed Champion. I wonder if they'll just drop the World Title back into oblivion or if the winner will carry both titles around for a while, Chris Jericho style.

More wrestling coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment