Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Smackdown Reax - 11/8/13

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.

I like that they started the show with a video to catch fans up on the Wyatt angle and jump right into things.


Also a good start to get into some action between Punk and Axel. Of course, they run the risk of overexposing Punk and Bryan by having them appear on too many shows. I think WWE's trying to kick viewership up in order to get a better deal on their TV contracts, which are being renegotiated soon.

I guess it makes sense for interference/distractions to backfire every once in a while. Axel's push continues to be stalled. I hope he doesn't flounder without Heyman.

I guess we'll get more from the Wyatts tonight.

Not a bad six-man tag to get some good action on the show.

I loved AJ's promo. I'm totally down with AJ vs. Steph at Mania.

Fine match to continue the domination of AJ and Tamina. The only problem with this angle is that AJ doesn't seem to have any credible challengers she hasn't already beaten. It's too soon to turn Tamina face, although they could definitely add heat to AJ for abusing her. AJ could say she rescued Tamina from obscurity, etc..

I wasn't crazy about the Del Rio/Cena/Vickie segment, and not just because of the usual Cena routine. I'm just not really feeling the feud. Del Rio's great, but it feels like his act's pretty stale. As for making Del Rio vs. Khali, was that meant to punish Del Rio or the fans?

That's the best Khali's looked in a long time. I wonder what Del Rio thinks about someone of his background working with someone signed pretty much exclusively because of his size and his appeal to the Indian audience. Anyway, props to Del Rio for making that match passable.

Impressive showing from both Bryan and Harper there. The ending made sense to keep business unfinished going into Survivor Series.

Good post-match. They're doing a good job setting up the teaming of Punk and Bryan.

I prefer Haitch to any of WWE's other current authority figures. I don't know about comparing him to Heel Dixie in TNA, but he's definitely better than Vickie or Maddox.

I liked Ryback vs. Cena. They're better and less limited than their detractors give them credit for.

GOTTA KEEP CENA STRONG. Honestly, I can see why WWE is keeping Cena dominant given the problems Punk and Bryan have had with going over clean (and being able to bear the fruits of those wins) in the last few months.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment