Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Smackdown Reax - 11/29/13

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.

Interesting opening segment with Orton. This is an odd storyline as far as who's face and who's heel. I do get a bit of an Evolution flashback with them turning on Orton.

Oh, boy. Thanksgiving shenanigans. I've seen more than enough wrestling Thanksgivings I think.

I don't see how anyone could have thought Axel would beat Henry here. The match was good, though.

Looks like they hit the "random heel turn" button on Brodus. I'm willing to give it a shot. I've seen potential in him in the past. Hopefully he's improved to the point where he'll be able to do something of note.

I guess I'm OK with that backstage Thanksgiving segment. It just gets old after a while.

I continue to enjoy 3MB's gimmick changes, as silly as they are. The Freebirds one has to be my favorite still.

Between not being on TV and being paired with a little person in a bull costume, I think I'd have to go with the latter. Good little match. Will the Los Matadores gimmick ever be a top act in WWE? I doubt it. But it gives the performers something to do and a way to theoretically get over.

Not a bad tag match to continue the angle of Clay turning heel. I'm not really crazy about Woods losing so early into his WWE career, but maybe they're going somewhere with it.

Nice post-match to continue the angle.

I really liked Punk's promo. He's very refreshing to hear in a world of John Cenas on the mic. Sheesh.

I don't really get anything Wyatt's saying, but it's interesting and something different from the standard wrestling promo.

That was a real thing. That really happened. Titus vs. Cesaro could probably have been a nice little match, but WWE's in a comedy mood at this point of the year.

Oh, boy. I hope the little Jimmys got a kick out of the post-match with Titus, because it wasn't really my thing.

That was a really solid tag team match. I'm really enjoying Goldust's comeback. He's still able to "go" and has a great mind for ring psychology.

Nice set up for the second main event.

Good ending to continue the build with the Wyatts.

Crazy post-match. It makes for a fun show to have chaos like this every once in a while.

I really liked the main event. Everyone did good stuff there.

More wrestling coming up!

2 comments:

  1. Have you heard anything regarding Lesnar's "return" to television? I constantly keep hearing so many different possibilities of who he will feud with from a second match with Punk to a match with Undertaker that it's to a point where fans would like an answer. One thing is for sure and that's that getting paid millions to have a mouthpiece talk for you, wrestle once every three months, and have months where you only work once would be one hell of a job. Then again, I understand why he hasn't been a champion in his return time yet and why he still gets some heat for all of that.

    This article here sums up my thoughts on The Miz's situation. I personally still have the mindset that WWE Creative is the definition of fickle and that they spend too much time on the upper card that they pay way less attention to the mid-card wrestlers.

    http://www.examiner.com/article/wwe-rumors-confusion-marks-the-reason-the-miz-cancelled-heel-turn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brock has the very definition of a sweetheart deal. They're really going out of their way to fit to his schedule instead of the other way around. He's a very private individual and doesn't like a lot of travel, so I didn't see him coming back to any kind of full-time schedule.

    Anyway: I've also heard speculation of Punk/Lesnar II and Lesnar/Taker. I definitely think we'll see Lesnar in the buildup to WrestleMania XXX. If I'm not mistaken, he's signed through WM31. I really don't think they'll put either top title on him as a part-timer. WWE needs all hands on deck on live events and presumably wants to have the top title(s?) defended on those occasions. I alluded to two top titles since there's always the possibility of some "creative booking" at TLC.

    A lot of people blame Vince for the short-term philosophy, with the belief he's really in over his head trying to wear so many hats behind-the-scenes. There are so many superstars working there and so much going on in the world of WWE business that it'd be difficult if not impossible to keep track of everything. It's possible they panicked and just wanted a match for the Survivor Series pre-show without thinking of anything longer-term.

    Either way, I'd love for Creative to shape things up. They've got a lot of talented performers to where they could do great things. They're just kind of falling apart under the pressure of so much TV time, etc.

    ReplyDelete