Total Pageviews

Friday, November 1, 2013

Impact Wrestling Reax - 10/31/13

Read on for my take on last night's Impact Wrestling.

I got a kick out of the Halloween references in Dixie's opening promo. I like the direction they're going in with the tournament to declare a new Champion. I'm beyond tired of Bully Ray, so I'm thankful his segment was kept short.

Nice way to get heat on Bully while setting up Anderson as a babyface.

I wonder how much life they'll try to get out of Aces and Eights. I think they've really been defanged at this point.

Meh. Not a bad way to keep the titles on the Bromans.

I really don't see much else for Sting to do. I say give him and Magnus another go, then have him retire. Though I can see some fun in Bad Influence interacting with him.

Speaking of Bad Influence, they were pretty funny here. They're a breath of fresh air in TNA at times.

Fine little squash for EC3. It's taking time, but TNA's improving and freshening up in some areas.

Fine post-match promo as well.

I liked the Roode segment. I hope he doesn't lose to Angle tonight.

Bad Influence saved that segment. I can't believe ODB and Young are still a thing. The Abyss tease was good. Does this mean no more Joseph Park? I find him entertaining at times.

Intriguing gauntlet match. I like some of the stories TNA is building. I hope Magnus gets "the rub" in this tournament, even if he doesn't win.

I liked the Angle segment. They're doing a good job setting up Angle/Roode II.

Heel Dixie is one of my new favorite characters in wrestling. Then again, I enjoyed Michael Cole as a heel for a time.

TNA's in a jam here: Tapa's still pretty green, but they only have so many options of where to go with the Knockouts. ODB vs. Gail wasn't horrible.

Interesting tease with Bad Influence. What do they know!?

I liked the Bad Influence/EY/Abyss segment. Building feuds really isn't that complicated some times.

That bracket looks pretty sweet. Some of TNA's best potential matchups are there.

I'm not crazy about there being tons of big gimmick matches in the tournament. It makes them less important. The stuff with Dixie and Sabin was pretty funny.

I didn't really like the ending to Roode vs. Angle, but the match itself was really high-quality. Roode has really come into his own in the past few years.

Looks like we've got our next weird cliffhanger. We'll see where this goes.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment