Total Pageviews

Friday, November 29, 2013

Superstars and Impact Wrestling Reax - 11/28/13

Read on for my thoughts on the Thanksgiving editions of Superstars and Impact Wrestling.
Superstars:
Remember when Fandango beat Chris Jericho at WrestleMania? Yeah, he's really gone downhill since then. Obviously, not every performer can be a big deal, but they've really done wrong with a lot of guys.

That was a pretty good tag match. I'm really impressed by the Real Americans, and the Usos continue to grow as a team. This was just missing a Zeb Colter promo about Thanksgiving and/or Samoa. Come on, WWE. That one's a softball. You should have hit it out of the park.

Impact Wrestling:
I'm sure a lot of people would love to bury Aces and Eights for TNA.

I liked the opening segment. Glad Rockstar Spud has a role now. They need to make the best use of the talents they have before looking outside the roster for additions.

Curry Man!!! I missed Curry Man. I'm ok with the EC3 squash train continuing.

Hey, they found a role for Zema Ion, too! They're starting to rebuild things after the Hogan era.

Not too bad of a debut from Tapa. I've definitely seen worse. Let's give her some time to progress before writing her off. She just started!

Not crazy about that comedy segment. Very much a lame-duck show tonight in the lull following Turning Point going into a new month of angles.

Well, at least that match/segment was relatively quick. Norv and Dewey are growing on me.

I liked the Dixie segment to set something up for next week. I wonder if/when we'll see AJ in TNA again.

Blah, blah, blah. More non-wrestling stuff. I've got other stuff to do...

That was kind of a funny Aces and Eights segment, with the D-Lo bobblehead, Hogan references and Joe ending. Silly stuff, but that's OK every once in a while. I'm really tired of Bully Ray, personally. He's good at what he does, but it's time to give it a break.

That was really something. Pretty good main event. EGO makes a pretty well-oiled machine.

Cool post-match. I'm ready for a blowoff to Angle vs. Roode with Roode reaching a new level.

Nice segment with Roode after the match. This is the kind of thing WWE needs more of.

That was an odd ending, but I guess it made sense with the Thanksgiving theme.

More wrestling coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment