Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Raw Reax - 11/4/13

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

I liked the opening contest. I'm generally not a fan of opening a show "cold" with no promos, but maybe they've got something in mind here.

Nice post-match. Looks like they've found something for Punk and Bryan to do before (theoretically) Punk-Brock II and HHH-Bryan.

Good Punk promo. Not a lot of silliness; just setting up a fight.

I really liked Heyman's promo. The character is very egotistical and hypocritical. It makes for a great heel.

Oh, boy. This comedy segment setup could go either way.

Ehhh... not crazy about Khali looking strong against Ryback. I guess it makes sense given he's a former World Champion and a giant and all that. That doesn't mean I like it.

I guess since he's not in the Authority, there's not much for Ryback to do as a heel right now. Ryback and Axel facing the Rhodes Brothers would be interesting, but Axel already has a Title.

I miss Ricardo calling out Del Rio's name. Anyway, great match. It's a shame it won't mean much of anything in the long run. Kofi vs. Sandow for the briefcase would have been pretty cool. They can still feud.

I wonder how Haitch feels about them showing pro-BEEG footage.

I really liked Orton's promo. That surely rustled some jimmies.

I also really liked Orton vs. Langston. I think Langston's got some serious potential. Orton's on top of his game and has really reached veteran status.

Ahh, it's great to see Tyson back. Pretty good little match.

Kind of disappointed in that Sandow segment. It could be that the wind's out of his sails now that he doesn't have the briefcase. He can be fixed in time.

I've definitely heard worse from Cena. On Friday, for instance.

I really liked the six-man tag, if for no other reason than it wasn't the usual Cena formula. I hope they continue to use Cena to elevate others on the roster.

Oh shi-, something's about to go down with BEEG and Haitch. I actually do want to see them go at it from a storyline perspective. They're both veterans and know what to do in a big match.

Not a bad match between Axel and Ziggler. Axel could definitely use some elevation as the IC Champion. He's been in a slump lately.

Punk and Bryan vs. the Wyatts could be cool.

Not going to lie; I'm down for HHH and Show showing the young guys how it's done. Having veterans compete here and there is fine. Ideally when veterans fight, it leads to something bigger for the young guys and isn't just an end of itself. We'll see.

Remember when people were saying Drew McIntyre was about to break out of 3MB? Clearly that's not happening just yet. Fine little "filler" match.

Meh. I'm ok with a silly backstage segment here and there.

This is a thing. This really happened. Eva Marie just went over. So much for that silly rumor about her having tons of heat. Hopefully she improves and they're not pushing her too fast.

Harper vs. Bryan works for me. Could be good. And they say WWE doesn't push indy guys.

Ooooohhhh... that's intriguing. This is the most I've cared about BEEG since he was World Champion during the ironclad contract angle.

I really liked the segment with HHH and Show. They're doing a good job making that potential match feel special.

BAH GAWD IT'S A MASSACRE. Good old-fashioned heel beatdown on Show. I like it.

Good ending to the show. I think Show's earned another main event run. Obviously it's not a good long-term plan, but it's fine to continue the Authority angle.

Also, Corporate Kane looks hilarious. I see why they're going that direction, but he looks kind of ridiculous and I don't see many people recognizing him like that. He definitely looks like someone who'd discuss libertarian politics, though. We'll see if this works out for him and WWE in time.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment