Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Impact Wrestling Reax - 3/1/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

I'm interested to see where they go next with the World Title. I think they might try to hold off on Matt vs. Jeff until Slammiversary, so we could see Matt vs. Galloway next. They could easily start that in the UK.

- Angle vs. Roode:
These are two of the top competitors in the world. Two great, great athletes.

The chain wrestling here is so good. I love that kind of stuff.

Angle and Roode exchanging submissions is cool to watch.

Hopefully we're not in for a dozen finisher kickouts here.

Great match! Both men are really talented.

I'm really going to miss Angle in TNA. I can only imagine what they're going to do without him.

Beer Money thanking Angle is pretty cool.

Angle drinking milk with BM was great.

It makes sense for Angle to plug BM vs. the Wolves, but I'm not sure I'm looking forward to seeing the ROHbots in another spotfest.

Davey putting over Angle was good, too.

I'd definitely prefer Beer Money as champions to Davey and Eddie.

I definitely think Matt should move on from EC3. I'm a big fan of Carter, but it's time to get some new names in the title picture.

Matt's heeling the crowd is great.

I'd rather Spud get a push as a heel than be stuck doing nothing as a face. I hope he's got a bright future in the business.

OH SHIT EC3 MEANS BUSINESS. I'm glad he didn't just stand there and cut a lame face promo with grade-school insults like Cena or Roman.

EC3 looks like a real warrior. I'm really anticipating the fight with Spud.

Another person called out for a fight tonight? Is TNA bringing back Open Fight Night from the Hogan/Bischoff days?

I like Dixie just being around to do things for big angles instead of being a big focal point. I wish WWE authority figures followed that same role.

- Abyss vs. Jimmy Havoc:
I wish this had more story leading to it. Havoc kind of came out of nowhere.

Havoc's got his work cut out for him against this trio.

Sometimes a "garbage" hardcore match can be pretty fun.

That was enjoyable for what Abyss does.

Hopefully Galloway sends Bennett straight to Jobberville. He should be about where Drake and Godderz are.

Damn. Spud might need to invest in security tonight.

I guess I'd rather see Maria wrestle than Bennett?

I like Maria feeling like she's above being a wrestler.

This is "Total Divas" kind of drama.

I'm glad at least Jade is getting the rub from this.

Jade vs. Gail should be good if they don't make it about the Dollhouse. Rebel and Marti Bell have improved since last year, but I think Gail vs. Jade can be good on its own.

I kind of wish Russo was booking so we'd get references to Bram's arrests. They're pretty despicable.

Eric Young is a pretty good heel.

This show does feel like TNA vs. the UK in places.

- EY vs. Damo:
I like Damo's speed coupled with his size. He might be worth bringing on regularly.

Damo's pretty impressive so far!

That was pretty good overall.

I hope Drew wrecks the former ROH star.

"The Mediocre" Mike Bennett.

- Bennett vs. Galloway:
BAH GAWD DREW GALLOWAY'S OPENIN' A CAN OF WHOOP-ASS ON MIKE BENNETT.

Good stuff so far. Galloway can kick some serious ass.

Damn. Galloway's just running all over this guy.

Great performance by Drew. Bennett was alright, but he's definitely not at Drew's level.

Spud is pretty fun. This should be exciting.

I think Grado/Odarg has kind of run his course as a character. I don't know what they can really do with him next.

DUDE. EC3 has no chill.

- EC3 vs. Spud:
ETHAN'S GONNA KILL YOU. ETHAN'S GONNA KILL YOU.

Spud's in trouble. He better be praying Reby and Maxel have a backup plan.

BAH GAWD EC3 ENOUGH IS A DAMN NOUGH.

AS GOD AS MY WITNESS, SPUD IS BROKEN IN HALF!!!

BAH GAWD REFS BREAK THE DAMN HOLD. EC3 IS A MAN POSSESSED.

That was really amazing. Spud got the ass-kicking of a lifetime.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment