Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Raw Reax - 3/28/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

It's crazy to think the Corporate Ministry was more than 16 years ago now, when Shane, Vince, and Taker were all working together.

Undertaker's character is pretty stagnant these days. "Hey, I have matches at Wrestlemania, and I'm also good at Hell in a Cell. Rest In Peace, homies. I'm out."

I like the fire and tenacity Shane has. He's one determined S.O.B. in the ring. For those of you with the Network (and shame on you if you don't have it), check out Shane vs. Kane in an ambulance match, Shane vs. Kurt Angle at King of the Ring, and Shane vs. Vince at WMX7. Wild, wild stuff.

Oh, these two are going at it pretty hard.

WHOA. It's always kind of crazy to see Taker go for the Last Ride given how that part of his character's history is otherwise ignored.

Shane vs. Taker is going to really be something. They're going to have to pull out all the stops to compete with the ladder match, Reigns vs. HHH, and Brock vs. Ambrose.

Shane better have the Mean Street Posse on speed dial if he's going to stand a chance against Taker. WWE's GOT to book them that night, right?

I wish they'd add SOMETHING to Jericho vs. AJ, since they've fought a number of times already.

- Ryder vs. Y2J:
I think I would have marked out a bit if Ryder got the win on that rollup.

That was... OK I guess. The heat between Y2J and AJ is a little forced, although Jericho's been refreshing as a heel.

At least Y2J had a good heel promo after the match. I'm ready for Styles to beat him and end the feud, although that brings up the question of what Jericho does for the rest of his "run." I'd like to see him work Balor or Zayn next, personally.

- Becky vs. Charlotte:
These two are always fun together.

I think both Charlotte and Becky have improved since coming to the main roster. More experience with more opponents on a bigger stage will do that.

That was fine for setting up Sunday's match. We're just kind of passing time until then.

I enjoy Vince's promos. He can set the stage, for sure.

Empassioned promo by Shane. Sunday should be interesting.

Kane and Big Show have a long-running history with each other and with interrupting matches/promos. It's a never-ending story. Hopefully if we get a brand split, they stay away from each other. They're pretty much the same character other than Kane's supernatural elements.

- Show/Kane vs. Bo/Axel:
Well, at least that was brief.

BAH GAWD WE GOT A PIER 6 BRAWL.

I'd like to see Henry get the win as a last nod in his career. Maybe even leading to Henry vs. Reigns for the title? But if they have Strowman or someone win, I don't think I'll complain. Just NOT BIG SHOW.

Strong promo for Stephanie to promote HHH. All Hail King Haitch.

Triple H is based as hell. One of my favorite heels ever (if you can't tell).

I wonder if/when Cena will pass Triple H's WM history.

I expect HHH vs. Reigns to be one hell of a fight. It's a shame people are choosing to boo it before even seeing it.

That was a fine segment overall.

I can't wait to see what New Day does at WM32. I can see them passing out a LOT of boxes of Booty-O's.

- Kofi vs. Del Rio:
Woods playing La Cucaracha was really funny.

Del Rio's one hell of a talent. Kofi's pretty good as well.

Nice match so far.

That was a pretty good second half of the match. Great work by both men.

WHOA WHAT. Didn't see Coach being here.

Coach's dancing could use some work. Cool to see SportsCenter at WM32, though.

Using the Warrior Award for PR is shady. No one's knocking what Lunden's been through, but this is the WWE Hall of Fame. That award should go to someone who's done a lot for WWE. It's a shame they turned what Warrior wanted into something for their corporate sponsors.

I admire Roman being up to fighting anyone and everyone, but I don't know if it's working out so well for him as a strategy.

If HHH vs. Roman goes on last and Shane beats Taker earlier, he can prevent HHH from pulling any corporate shenanigans in the WWE Title match. Otherwise, what's to stop Haitch from cooking up some crazy stipulation?

- Kalisto vs. Konnor:
Kalisto's always a lot of fun to watch, and he has a lot of experience working with The Ascension dating back to NXT.

Kalisto taking down both former NXT Tag Team Champions. Hopefully those two get a second chance post-brand split. I'd like to see them do their NXT gimmick.

Ryback vs. Kalisto could be pretty good. I'm fine with them trying to make Kalisto "the next Rey Mysterio."

I am SO hype for Ambrose vs. Lesnar. Dean's the one man crazy enough to go toe-to-toe with Brock in this type of environment.

"Public colonoscopy" is an image I want to get out of my head IMMEDIATELY.

I wonder what Brock thinks about going from UFC to an opponent grabbing all these weapons for a wagon.

Really looking forward to a crazy hardcore match between Brock and Ambrose. Go all out with it!

- Emma vs. Paige:
This is a nice throwback to NXT: Arrival.

That was fine to set up Sunday's match. As a match itself, it left a lot to be desired.

OH NNNOOOOOOOOO. I guess it was either her or Cameron. I would have preferred Cameron; she's not all that great, but Eva Marie is barely NXT TV ready.

I hope Eva's just back for this match. She still needs a lot of work to be main roster ready. She's improving in NXT, but not nearly enough to be a regular performer on Raw and Smackdown.

I kind of want to see a big Golden Truth moment in the battle royal, like Savage and Elizabeth getting back together.

Snoop's a big WWE fan, and is responsible in some ways for us getting Brodus Clay/Tyrus and Sasha Banks, so I'm not all that upset at him going in. I assume he could get involved in the Divas' Title match. Lemmy Kilmister should absolutely have been in the running this year, though. I hope he's headed to the Hall in the future.

- Owens/Miz/Stardust vs. Zayn/Cara/Ziggler:
Miz is a talented worker in the WWE style. It's good to see him working with the newer member of the main roster.

I really hope Zayn doesn't get another freak injury now that he's on the main roster.

Pretty fun action so far.

I love Owens wanting others to fight on his behalf. Why work if you don't have to?

Stardust is a pretty talented guy. I'm glad he's in the ladder match, too.

Pretty crazy multi-man action. That's fun in small doses when it isn't the whole match/show like ROH is at times.

That was pretty fun overall to set up Sunday's match. I look forward to seeing the ladder action.

HHH and Stephanie remind me of an authoritarian power couple.

Another big brawl between HHH and Roman. I hope they save some for Dallas.

Pretty crazy fight.

I'm sold for Sunday!

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment