Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 3, 2016

NXT and Main Event Reax - 3/2/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and Main Event.

NXT:
- Vaudevillains vs. Knox/Knight:
English and Gotch definitely look more heelish here.

Knox is starting off well.

I like the Vaudevillains getting more aggressive and focused.

Tucker was OK. He's still got work ahead of him.

Not a bad match to re-establish the former tag team champions.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Deonna get a more regular role in NXT.

Not a bad Dana/Emma promo to keep their angle going. I'm ready to see them do something with more substance. Presumably Dana will be back in the ring at the next set of tapings.

Good, to the point promo by Big Cass and Enzo.

I love The Revival. Good promo from both men.

I like the idea of the tag team titles being on the line in Toronto. Hopefully that event's a big success.

- Emma vs. Santana:
Santana getting a full entrance is a good sign about her possibly becoming an NXT superstar. I've liked what we've seen from her so far.

I would be all for Emma/Dana vs. Deonna/Santana as a further test for the two NXT guests.

Emma's such a good heel. They're really missing out on using her on the main roster.

Emma's very solid here.

Impressive showing from Santana. This is pretty good.

Eva and Nia vs. Bayley and Asuka should be good. Eva's improving with her delivery.

Aries was really, really good in TNA. He works really hard to be the best.

NICE job by Baron Corbin to show he means business. He's growing on me.

Part of me really wants to see Regal pull out the brass knuckles and whack Corbin.

- Cutler vs. Samson:
Not a bad match so far. Samson does have some good intensity.

Elias looks pretty convincingly maniacal.

I think Samson's coming along. He's not instantly flashy like Neville or Crews, so it can take longer for him to show his skills.

I liked that Hype Bros promo. Mojo said more when he was toned down than some times when he's yelled.

- Balor vs. Neville:
Interesting to hear Bullet Club references here. I expected Gallows and Anderson to go straight to the main roster, but maybe we do see them hang out in Orlando for a while.

This is a pretty special match. Both men have big international reputations as light-heavyweight stars.

This match makes me excited for the Global Cruiserweight Series. I look forward to seeing some talented smaller guys who do more than superkicks and dives to the outside.

I'm a mark for well-paced matches. Throwing out a ton of big moves in the first few minutes isn't my thing. So, I'm liking the storytelling here.

Impressive stuff from these two as always. They're both quite smooth.

Neville's selling of the Pele was great.

Balor doing everything he can to avoid the Red Arrow is good. It makes the move look like a big deal.

These two are incredible. They're putting it all on the line.

Really good ending. I like that Neville was dead from the Coup de Grace when Balor hit Bloody Sunday.

Nice post-match to close the taping.

Good closing promo. I'm glad Zayn showed some fire against Joe's aggression.

Main Event:
- Paige/Natalya/Brie vs. Naomina/Summer:
Paige is solid as always, as is Natalya.

This is a nice match so far. I'm glad Summer's being used as a wrestler again.

I think we're in for Team Brie vs. Team Lana at WM32. Fine by me.

Brie can still do good things.

That was pretty good overall. I'm surprised Lana didn't get involved in any way.

Fun stuff from Slater and Rose.

- Ryback vs. Slater:
Dominant showing so far from Ryback.

I think Axel would have some strategy about dealing with his former tag partner.

Ryback can be an intimidating presence when he's in there with smaller wrestlers.

Good stuff to rebuild Ryback.

- Ascension vs. Dragons:
I pretty much always like when these two teams face off.

Good psychology from the more powerful duo.

Enjoyable work with both teams.

Pretty good match overall.

It's kind of bizarre to think Stardust might get a singles match at WM32 before some other important people. That's not a shot at Stardust. He's just not a big priority in WWE.

- Stardust vs. Ryder:
These two work together pretty well. I hope if we do get a brand extension, we get to see more undercard names show what they can do.

Good stuff going into break.

Ryder works with the crowd pretty well, as does Stardust.

This is really getting good. They're both doing solid work for a show a lot of people in the U.S. won't see.

Good match!

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment