Total Pageviews

Monday, March 28, 2016

TNA teams up with wrestling school, more Raws on the Network, more WM32 hype, WWE live event notes, EC3 on missing UK dates, UK promotion holding GCS qualifiers, Boss Man's inductor, former KO Champion leaves TNA, Shinsuke arrives, WWE honoring Dusty, Battleground 2016 set, and Questions on New Day inducting the Freebirds, WM32's ladder match, Ryder's future, and expecting disappointment

TNA announced a partnership with the newly-established Al Snow Wrestling Academy, which also has relationships set with promotions in European countries and the Middle East. I think that's a great idea to help build the company's future roster. Snow has a great mind for wrestling psychology.

WWE is adding Raws from 2002-2004 to the Network. I'm not sure how they choose which eras to upload when, but it's good to see Raws from that era being uploaded.

Dean Ambrose discussed his journey to Wrestlemania 32, including his early work in Cincinatti up to where he is now. Big read for Ambrose fans.

Alicia Fox beat Summer Rae on a WWE live event this weekend. I more or less expect Summer to be in the ring at WM32. I'm glad!

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.
Also at WWE live events this weekend, Bray Wyatt teamed with Erick Rowan against  Big Show and Kane. So, he's not missing ring time as it is. It looks like Bray, Rowan, and Strowman will be in the Andre battle royal. So much for them getting a big platform in Dallas. LoN vs. the Wyatts could have been fun, but both sides are walking wounded now.

Ethan Carter III addressed having to pull out of upcoming UK events. This man is a class act. I noted earlier TNA pulled him out because of an engagement with Pop; it's possible it was a different TNA TV partner. I jumped to conclusions naming Pop.

WWE's Global Cruiserweight Series will have two qualifying matches in the UK-based PROGRESS Wrestling. I think this is great exposure for PROGRESS, and shows UK talents WWE is looking out for them. In the years to come, that first "W" in WWE is going to become more prominent due to the Network and moves like this.

Big Boss Man will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame by his former manager Slick. That's great! I'm glad he's doing the honors. I think Boss Man could be one of WWE's top heels if he was coming in with that gimmick in the 2010s. Like, OH MY GOD the heat he could get.

Stephanie and Vince McMahon discussed how WM32 came together. I love how Vince is like "I'LL FIRE ANYONE GODDAMNIT!"

Angelina Love announced her TNA contract expired during her pregnancy, and she will begin taking independent bookings starting in June. I'm a little surprised they let her go, unless they plan on signing her again once she's "ring-ready." I definitely think the Knockouts division could use some fresh faces. The Beautiful People have teamed and feuded a number of times now. So, if TNA's using her departure to bring in other names in the vein of Laura Dennis, I think it's worth a shot. As for her going to WWE, I don't know if they'd be interested in her. At least, I think they'd rather pick up some Santana Garrett/Deonna Purrazzo types.

Shinsuke Nakamura has arrived in Orlando, Florida. He will begin training at the Performance Center and performing for NXT with Friday's Takeover special in Dallas. I look forward to seeing what he does in the company.

WWE is expected to unveil a statue of Dusty Rhodes at this year's AXXESS, as they are planning on a tribute for him this week. I think that'd be great.

WWE Battleground will be on July 24 in Washington, D.C. I'm glad they're not reviving the Capitol Punishment theme. I think that PPV's going to be future fodder for whatever the next generation's Edge & Christian Show is.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I wouldn't be shocked if Michael Hayes made that call. I can really see him being a fan of New Day's antics.

2. It should be a fun match. Zayn vs. Owens might have gotten lost in the WM32 hype, and Sami's still a focal point of NXT (hell, he's wrestling a big match for NXT a few nights before WM32). A ladder match is a good outlet to show what those guys can do, get a lot of contenders on the card, etc. It's similar to what MITB was to previous Wrestlemanias. No complaints at all.

3. As great as Zayn and Owens are, I think they could have been lost amid the other big WM32 matches. I'd rather them get a feud that doesn't have to compete for TV time with Brock vs. Ambrose, Roman vs. HHH, and Shane vs. Taker. A multi-man ladder match is better than seeing more people added to the clustermess battle royal. I think Kalisto vs. Ryback is a decent story match of little guy vs. big bully (which is a smaller version of what Zayn vs. Owens is, really). I wouldn't mind if that was the ladder match instead, but this scenario's fine, too, considering how many times Owens has escaped by the skin of his teeth/ducked challengers. As for this "hurting Zayn," his second WWE PPV match is competing for the Intercontinental Championship at Wrestlemania. It doesn't get much bigger than that.

4. So, not knocking Ryder, but I think he might be better suited in bringing up the Hype Bros act to the main roster. I don't know how close we are to that happening, but they have been working main roster live events together lately. Between him being in a tag team that gets booked and him mainly working Main Event/Superstars as an afterthought, I'm picking him working with Mojo.

5. Considering the matches haven't happened yet, assuming you're going to be disappointed says more about the audience than the wrestlers involved. If you don't go in looking for something like ROH, NJPW, etc., the matches will definitely be worth the $9.99 Network fee.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment