Total Pageviews

Friday, March 4, 2016

ROH and Smackdown Reax - 3/3/16

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's ROH and Smackdown.

ROH:

- Bruiser/Silas vs. The Boys:
I was a little surprised to have Dalton attack his adversaries before this match. It seems a bit out of his character.

I like Silas still wanting to turn his opponents into real men.

I REALLY hope Silas doesn't quit wrestling. He's one of the best workers in this company.

I like the style of Silas and Bruiser. I miss when more worked like they do.

This is an enjoyable match! They all work together well!

Damn. The Boys are pretty solid workers.

Nice teamwork by both of them.

NICE match. Impressive stuff.

Good post-match, too. I'm glad this feud is continuing.

- Fury vs. Ortiz:
This isn't bad. Just kind of unfocused.

I like Fury's... well, fury. Ortiz is a house of fire, though.

That was mostly good. I wouldn't mind Ortiz getting another chance in ROH.

Not a bad promo from Fury.

- Rush vs. Martinez:
I like this story. I'd love to see another big hoss in ROH. There are plenty of scrappy flippy guys out there.

Rush isn't giving up. I like that mentality.

This is pretty exciting.

Rush can fly, which makes all this more enjoyable.

Martinez is worth pursuing. He's pretty impressive.

Whoa. Martinez can fly, too?

Kind of a disappointing ending. Oh well, maybe we see the Punisher in another promotion.

Good promo from Lio. He's probably got a good future ahead of him.

- Sydal vs. Cole:
I'm enjoying the wrestling here. Cole's got pretty much everything you could want in a superstar.

I like Cole countering Sydal's indieriffic offense with just biting the hand.

Cole's fun here. He's a much better worker than Sydal.

Nice job faking the crowd out.

Sydal can do some cool moves, but Cole's in another league.

Really impressive offense/action here.

Kind of a disappointing ending, but the match itself was good.

Smackdown:
Ambrose is a more believable and relatable scrappy fighter than the Herculean Reigns, and probably a more natural underdog as a result. That's not a knock on Reigns as a performer. Ambrose, like Bryan, can't rely on big power moves to face the odds. He has to fight with tenacity instead.

I'm hype for Ambrose vs. Lesnar. That's a MUCH better plan than Ambrose vs. Y2J.

I do want to see Ambrose and Reigns have a one-on-one war one day. There needs to be a really good reason for them to come to blows, though.

Owens has a point about Ambrose having a knack for getting his ass kicked.

I really want to see Owens vs. Styles at WM32. I love Sami Zayn, too, but he's already in action that weekend. They shouldn't bring him up "at the last minute" and rush that feud for Wrestlemania.

Good to see someone acknowledge the huge Titantron. A lot of times, that's ignored.

- Usos vs. Sheamus/Rusev:
Nice match so far. Good teamwork from both sides.

Rusev has been pretty enjoyable as a wrestler.

That was pretty good overall.

I'm really liking this new wrinkle in the Dudleys' characters. They feel fresh as a team for the first time in years.

- Ziggler vs. Miz:
This feud has no heat at all.

That was OK, I guess? I don't see much reason why this is happening.

Golden Truth is pretty funny most of the time. They have good delivery/timing.

Poor Goldust. I wish we had more fun undercard segments. Hopefully that brand extension happens and we get more development for other characters.

- Becky vs. Sasha:
These two are always on point against each other.

I love Becky focusing on the arm to set up her finisher. She was taught well.

Sasha has been a breath of fresh air in the division.

I love submission wrestling sometimes.

Trainwreck of an ending, but I'm glad it's setting up a triple threat.

Hopefully the people questioning turning Charlotte heel get it now. She's the foil to Sasha and Becky for WM32. I do think she'd be more heelish if she dropped working with her father because "she's better than he ever was," but maybe they're saving that for later.

Charlotte heeling Renee was pretty fun.

Underwhelming announcement of the Divas' Title match, but I'm glad it's official. It's great their match got announced before whatever Brie's doing at the show.

New Day are better with miracles than Bennett and Maria. Sheesh.

New Day are consistently funny. I love it.

Big E heeling Atlanta was great.

- Kofi vs. Styles:
This is pretty entertaining. I'm glad Y2J isn't involved at the moment.

Good spot with Trouble in Paradise leading to the Pele.

Nice match overall. I wonder why sometimes Styles uses the Clash and sometimes he doesn't. Maybe someone found out what happened with Yoshi Tatsu.

Good post-match.

As much as I wanted to see Brock vs. Harper, Brock vs. Bray should be pretty good, too.

Nice Bray promo. Maybe I'm just a mark for that kind of gimmick.

- Owens vs. Ambrose:
I like Owens focusing on the ribs, then chastising Ambrose for not getting in the ring. He's such a jerk.

I like when wrestlers escape finishers instead of kicking out of so manyof them.

This is pretty enjoyable.

It's good to see a different style from the standard WWE main event that's also not totally indieriffic.

Nice powerbomb counter.

Nice ending.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment