Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Impact Wrestling Reax - 3/22/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

I'm excited for the next step with a new champion. TNA got a big shakeup in the last two weeks.

Galloway definitely busted his ass on the way to the title.

It's a shame so many people have given up on TNA, because the last couple of years have generally had really good content.

Matt has a point about Drew taking advantage of chaos after everyone had kicked everyone else's asses.

Obviously Matt should get a rematch for the title out of principle. I figured Drew would be OK with that.

I mean, Matt, Jeff, and EC3 all have claims to the contendership. You could even add Bennett to that given his win over Drew and Gail last week.

STIFF shot at Jeff's injury by Matt. That was top-notch heeling.

This show can be really chaotic, in a good way. Everyone's beating the hell out of everyone else pretty much 24/7.

Wow. The fight's still going after break!

I love Drew being OK with fighting all of them. He's a true warrior.

I'm interested to see who wins that gauntlet match. I actually kind of hope it is Bennett so Drew gets a big win early into his reign before moving on to bigger opponents.

If TNA REALLY wanted to, they could have Storm get a partner behind Roode's back, cash in his briefcase, and team with that partner to take the belt from Roode. Ted DiBiase and Cody Rhodes did something similar years ago.

I kind of miss AMW. Not going to lie. I wish Chris Harris had done more in the business. (If anyone's wondering, his last match was three years ago).

TNA is forcing the Miracle gimmick WAY too hard.

But.... Robbie and Godderz feuded? I thought one man was heel and one was face? I do miss that team THO.

- Beer Money vs. Bromans:
I love the teamwork from the former World Champions.

Well, that was fine for what it was. I guess is the Beer Money Farewell Tour, and they're setting up whatever they're doing with the tag team titles post-Roode.

I'm curious to see what's next for Robbie tho and Jessie tho. I pretty much expect this to be ignored, which is a shame. I think they at least need a backstage segment discussing whether the teaming was worth it or if they're at each other's throats again.

I guess Decay vs. the Wolves is going to continue without Davey. Abyss/Steve/Rosemary vs. Eddie/Davey/Angelina makes perfect sense for down the line once the latter team can get back in the ring.

"Hey we lost Eric Young and Bobby Roode, but look! We got Willow back!" Don't think I want...

- Edwards vs. Steve:
This is pretty crazy given the different styles. I'm sure Eddie would rather just go out there and do MOVES.

I love that TNA can just have a random clustermess hardcore match. We don't get those often in WWE.

That was OK overall. Edwards should probably get a temporary partner to even things up.

I really don't want to see Maria as champion, but at least it'd be something new and different.

OH SHIT. Looking forward to seeing Lashley destroy about 50 people tonight.

Lots of "drawing numbers" segments tonight. I don't know if they're really adding much to the show.

Maria's growing on me as a heel. She's definitely more interesting than her husband.

I think the Dollhouse leadership position is cursed.

So, wait, what? Is the Dollhouse still a thing or not?

- Jade vs. Marti Bell vs. Rebel:
I think Rebel's the more natural babyface. Jade seems best suited to be a heel.

OK, the double half-crab spot was kind of funny.

Damn. Rebel's showing some good fire. I'm glad she's making the most of her wrestling opportunity.

Jade's a lot of fun, and Marti's starting to impress me, too.

Pretty good showcase to put Jade at the top of the Dollhouse pecking order.

Matt stealing Spud's number was HILARIOUS. I'm liking this trio.

I'm not sure whether the Grado/Shera segment was hilarious or terrible. Shera buying into Odarg being someone else was the best part.

I like Drew being committed to the show being Total Nonstop Action.

Lashley's based as hell.

I'm looking forward to the big gauntlet match, especially with these two starting it.

- Gauntlet match:
Lashley's one of the most incredible athletes in wrestling right now. Dude's a monster.

I love Spud as the little punk using bigger stars to fight on his behalf. Nice heel work.

Wow, TNA really doesn't have a lot of top faces left.

Lashley better KILL Pope after that.

I really want to see Pope vs. Lashley now...

We've got a bah gawd pier-6 slobberknocker going on here.

Fun stuff between Matt and Jeff.

God, I love Heel Matt. Lethal needs to take lessons.

Galloway vs. Jeff should be a lot of fun. Face vs. face is interesting, but maybe they're setting something else up there.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment