Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 24, 2016

NXT and Main Event Reax - 3/23/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and Main Event.

NXT:
- Samson vs. Gargano:
I think Samson's convincing as someone who's got some screws loose.

Gargano is an impressive mover.

WOW. So much for Samson putting together an impressive string of wins.

Samson's something of a throwback to when wrestlers were brawlers instead of stuntmen. I enjoyed the methodical attack of Gargano after the match.

Crews' character is a little flat right now, but I like him standing up for his pal.

- Balor vs. Swann:
If Swann's first match and dance moves are any indication, I think he'll be someone worth featuring once people like Joe and Balor move up.

Good mat wrestling early. I love the story of Finn making the most of his holds on Swann.

I hope see more of Swann in the Cruiserweight Series. He's pretty fun to watch, and can move like few others.

Pretty solid match. I think Finn's just waiting for Gallows and Anderson to show up on the main roster at this point.

Nice promo from Dana and Emma, as usual. I hope we see Dana back in the ring at the next set of tapings. She's been missed.

I'm hype for Shinsuke vs. Sami. Nakamura's been hyped to hell.

- Alexa vs. Dobson:
I used to say Bliss was the HBK to B&M's Jannetty, but they've really grown on me lately.

Alexa's pretty good at the "intangibles" that make a match more than a series of cool moves. She talks trash and plays the ref to her advantage.

I hope that knee from the top rope was intentional, because that was scary-looking if it was supposed to be a crossbody.

That match was pretty clunky in places. Both Divas are still pretty inexperienced, so that's not really unexpected.

HAHAHAHA SAMOA JOE just destroying everyone like a BOSS.

Joe has NO chill, and no sympy for anyone.

Cool to see Gable and Jordan's amateur backgrounds showcased.

I'm a little worried about the prospect of ANOTHER dancing/party gimmick, but that is a good fit for the former ballroom dancer. 

Crews vs. Riley should be pretty good.

Oh, Dempsey's going to get his ass kicked.

- Asuka vs. Emma:
I love how these two work together. Asuka's looking for the kill, while Emma's trying to outstrategize.

It's good to see Asuka add to her game beyond strikes, kicks, and the occasional submission. She's good at all of that, but it's all about how the match comes together.

Asuka can definitely pull out a lot of submissions.

I like Emma wearing Asuka down with submissions of her own.

Both women are digging down deep to beat the other.

Emma not getting the pin with her feet on the rope set her up for a world of hurt.

That was mostly good. It drug a little bit in places, but it gave Asuka experience working a longer WWE-style match.

Main Event:
- Stardust vs. Ryder:
Fine work so far. I just think I've seen this same match plenty of times.

I enjoy Stardust's character and style in the ring.

Stardust's doing some impressive work here.

Pretty good match overall. Ryder's got something of a new lease with his new finisher.

- Paige vs. Naomi:
Arbitrary Diva pairings before a multi-person match? Check.

That was fun before the surprise run-ins. Glad we're seeing Emma and Summer Rae here. Maybe they'll be a bigger part of things after the proposed brand split? Please?

That was pretty good overall. I wonder how many Divas end up in the match at WM32.

- Ryback vs. Cara:
This is good so far. I like Sin Cara having to be crafty against the bigger, stronger adversary.

That was mostly enjoyable. Both men can be good in the right place on the card.

At least the Outcasts care about the battle royal. I'm glad the match is getting hype.

Funny Outcasts promo.

- Axel/Dallas vs. Show/Kane:
Hey, at least this match will be fun, even though we pretty much know who's going to win.

I like the Outcasts wanting Show and Kane to fight each other. It adds something to what could have been a throwaway match.

Bo and Axel trying to hit a double suplex was nice. Kane and Show are monsters for a reason.

You know, I missed the Final Cut as Show's finisher. OK match overall.

That post-match was OK for moving forward with Kane and Show as favorites in the battle royal.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment