Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Impact Wrestling Reax - 3/15/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.
I can't say I blame TNA for starting the show with Jeff Hardy. They really need to get curious viewers to stay tuned this week. 

- EY vs. J. Hardy:
This should be a big brawl. I can't wait.

I'm glad Jeff is all over EY instead of doing flippy shit or trying to wrestle him. This is what ring psychology is.

Oh, wow. That's a pretty sudden change of things. I wouldn't be surprised if they hit the panic button and put the belt on Jeff to buoy ratings now that Kurt's gone.

Eric Young has really turned the corner. He's a credible, sadistic heel.

Pretty good match to put Jeff back on the map. I hope EY kicks some ass to rebound.

Matt's a great dick heel. He's very condescending.

I love the line about Jeff being Maxel's second favorite wrestler.

I can only imagine what they'll do for BFG 2017 and 2018.

Matt's such a scheming prick he's trying to get Jeff back on his side after badmouthing him for so long.

Nice brawl between the Hardys. I'm interested in their match tonight. Apparently there's a third guy in it, too?

Eddie is so boring. I'm interested to see if he gets a partner against Decay. That'd be a good place to use a new/returning talent.

Beer Money vs. Decay works for me. I wonder if Jimmy Havoc will get Eddie Edwards' back in all this?

- Drew/Gail vs. Bennett/Maria:
I like Gail going off on Bennett since Maria's ducking her.

I love Maria being sneaky and avoiding Gail. Nice heel work.

Drew is taking Bennett to school here. Bennett's OK, but Drew's in a different league.

Pretty solid showing by Drew and Gail. Fine match overall.

Those two are going to need a miracle to survive the ass-kicking they have in store from Drew and Gail.

Lashley's one of my new favorite characters because he doesn't even give half a damn about the fans or "getting over." He's there to kick ass.

HOLY SHIT. Lashley's a man possessed.

If they do have a title change tonight, I think Lashley's gunning right for the champ.

I'm glad we can take Steve and Abyss seriously now. Their gimmick can be kind of "emo" sometimes, but they bring the fight.

I like that the non-wrestler Pope was ripped apart to the point he can't commentate. Nice selling of how tough the spear is, and how tough you have to be to step in the ring.

I think I'd be fine with Jeff vs. Lashley being TNA's new top feud. I love Matt and EC3, but Lashley's on a roll.

- Decay vs. Beer Money/Edwards:
The Decay is pretty out there, that's for sure. At least things aren't as crazy as The Menagerie days.

I imagine they're going to have to be careful with Rosemary not being a victim of male-on-female violence.

That was OK to keep the feud going. Solid action while it lasted.

I don't think I mind Billy Corgan as an authority figure, although I wonder how long it will be before he gets his ass kicked by someone like Lashley or EY.

Whoa, Matt giving away his gameplan for the match.

I'm a little surprised they didn't resolve Grado's employment angle in the UK.

- Grado vs. Drake:
I like Drake just destroying Grado with the ladder.

I like Grado more when he's an underdog bringing a fight.

BAH GAWD WE GOT A PIER SIX BRAWL HERE.

Grado, you idiot! You could have won the match right there!!

That wasn't bad. Good action from everyone involved.

THE BOYHOOD DREAM HAS COME TRUE! GRADO IS NOW A TNA EMPLOYEE!

I like the idea of former tag champs coming for the titles. What if we see former tag champs from a different organization to shake things up? Or teams of individuals who were champs, but didn't win together?

- M. Hardy vs. EC3 vs. J. Hardy:
Haha, both of them want to destroy Matt so badly they're fighting over who gets to do it.

HILARIOUS for Matt to try to get Jeff to do Poetry in Motion. Well played.

VINTAGE Hardy Boys offense from both brothers.

I love when matches have like 50 run-ins. Sometimes.

This is crazy. I love it.

This is the most interesting thing Bennett has done during his time in TNA.

AMAZING. Just an all-out crazy hardcore battle. Congratulations to the new champion.

Nice ending to the show. Great, great stuff.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment