Total Pageviews

Friday, March 18, 2016

ROH and Smackdown Reax - 3/17/16

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's ROH and Smackdown.
ROH:
This should be an interesting episode. We'll see how one long match does.

- reDRagon vs. Caprice/Ferrara:
 This is starting off with some good action.

reDRagon makes for a pretty solid team. I'd love to see them in TNA or WWE.

I'm liking what we're seeing from Caprice. I wish he was getting a WWE tryout instead of Cedric.

OK, I think we might have seen enough outside dives for one match already.

Nice stuff from the former tag team champs.

Oh no... Truth Martini.

I wish Dijak would wreck the other HoTers. Why haven't we seen him lately?

- reDRagon vs. Daddiego/LaRusso:
Fish and O'Reilly are impressively technically sound.

I don't think I want to see an hour of reDRagon, but they're doing well here.

Uggghhhh... more boring dreck from Truth.

OK, the superkicks going to break were pretty funny.

- reDRagon vs. Bucks:
NICE counter of the superkicks.

The Bucks are indieriffic as always...

Way too many flippy moves.

I'm pretty impressed by the tenacity of reDRagon working their third team.

It's a shame one team's working a believable match while the others are just doing flippy shit and superkicks.

Phewww.... this one's rough.

Well, at least this is over.

- Bucks vs. Evans/Hughes:
OK, funny start to the match. I like the contrast between the two teams.

I enjoy Bob and Hughes as a duo. They bring something different to ROH.

At some point the "our gimmick is superkicks" thing gets old. Like, we get the point.

Mehhhhh. I guess that was better than indieriffic team vs. indieriffic team.

- Bucks vs. Addiction:
I generally enjoy Kaz and Daniels, but they can get a little spotty too at times.

Damn. I was hoping the former TNA gents would win.

Well, at least they got some revenge in the post-match.

Bucks vs. Addiction vs. Vice could be kind of fun.

- Bucks vs. Vice:
I would have raged so hard if the Bucks won with a rollup.

It's telling how many MOVEZ it takes to beat the Bucks. This is their fourth team.

Hopefully this counts for four Bucks matches and we don't have to see them for a few months.

SO. MANY. MOVEZ.

God, it's finally over. It's a good thing ROH only has an hour. We could have ended up with 14 teams doing dives, superkicks, and flippy shit.

ROH is more the daughter promotion to NJPW than a sister. It's clear who's the bigger deal.

Smackdown:
I like Reigns using the entrance ramp now. He's not the same fun-loving guy after the ass-kicking from Haitch.

I like Roman being fired up. He's not making corny "tater tot" or "suffering succotash" jokes.

I'm glad that promo was somewhat short. It didn't need to be long.

AJ is also better with short promos.

Nice comparison by Owens. It's pretty cool to see Styles, Owens, and Zayn all in WWE.

Fun stuff with AJ and Owens overall.

- Miz vs. Ziggler:
Miz and Ziggler are both talented wrestlers. I like seeing them compete (although we've seen it about 1,000 times now).

Solid work against each other as always. I'm just ready for both men to face new opponents. Honestly, as long as they've been in WWE, they should be in the same league of importance as guys like Kane and Big Show.

Pretty nice counter-wrestling going on here.

Good match overall.

Really fired-up stuff from Ambrose.

Brock vs. Ambrose should be a WAR.

- Bubba Ray vs. Goldust:
This is our Throwback Thursday match I guess.

Fun stuff so far. Not every match needs to start with fifty MOVEZ.

Fun trash talk from Bubba as always.

Goldust has some nice fire as an underdog.

That was OK. I'm glad Goldust didn't beat two guys.

I was wondering when we'd see Truth!!

That was a pretty fun post-match. Usos vs. Dudleys should be good at WM32 (which I assume is where they're headed).

The Divas triple threat is going to be a really big moment.

Charlotte vs. Becky has generally been pretty good.

NICE heeling by Charlotte "disowning" the other Horsewomen.

Becky's fired up to make Charlotte tap out. I'm glad they've made the DisArmHer such a serious threat.

Damn. This is pretty fun between the NXT alumnae. I hope now people get why Charlotte was turned heel.

A lot of fun from New Day as always.

The hot garbage thing got a little silly, but overall the segment was effective.

- Kofi vs. Barrett:
I like a good grudge match where two members of opposing teams collide.

Another crazy brawl with a lot of people involved. I'm a fan of those kinds of matches.

That was mostly good, although I kind of wanted to see the four men beat the three.

GREAT babyface stuff from Ambrose. I really hope he's WWE Champion before the year's over.

Funny Social Outcasts goal. At least the battle royal is getting promotion.

OH SHIT DEAN AMBROSE.

Dean's a man possessed! He's going to have to be if he stands a chance against Brock.

I'm looking forward to Dean and Brock on next week's show.

- Styles vs. Owens:
Solid action so far. Both men go hard.

I love Owens heeling the commentators. I kind of want to see an Owens/Bubba Ray feud for that reason.

Wow. Just... wow. The action here's top-notch. I just hope they're not taking too many risks.

This is incredible. Two top wrestlers showing what they can do.

That was a pretty good match overall. I do think the match got spot-heavy toward the end, but it ended before they got too far in that direction.

Jericho's a pretty great heel. I'm excited for Styles vs. Jericho. Hopefully they do something to spice it up given how many times they've faced off already.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment