Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Raw Reax - 3/21/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

Stewart was a daughter of a long-time WWE cameraman. I'm glad she got a memoriam picture.

Hopefully after Mania, we don't have to see Stephanie starting Raw. The Authority is really over-exposed.

I imagine Triple H does have a pretty busy schedule these days.

God, what if HHH's title reign continued after WM32?

I'd love to see Roman's cousin Nia Jax make a cameo to deal with Stephanie. It pretty much writes itself.

WHOA. Someone finally shut Stephanie up.

Roman going hard on Stephanie there. We usually don't see her get any comeuppance.

Nice promo. Roman's better in small segments like this. And that's fine! Don't overexpose him. Isn't that what his detractors are saying? That they don't want to see him so much?

- Owens vs. Styles:
Former ROH Champion vs. Former TNA/IWGP Champion on Raw. Let that sink in for a minute.

Good wrestling early. Build up to the flashy stuff.

Impressive work so far.

AJ Styles' athleticism and technique is almost unparalleled. That's more than 15 years of experience.

For those who want WWE to focus more on the in-ring product and letting people do all their MOVES, I hope you actually watch this match.

Damn, this is a WAR. Great work by both men.

This is INSANE. I hope the people wanting ROH-style matches are pleased.

No complaints about how that one ended. AJ went down swinging.

Intercontinental clustermess incoming!

I guess we have to wait to get Zayn vs. Owens one-on-one on the main roster. I'm sure we'll see it quite a bit.

I love Owens' smug sarcasm. How long until R-Truth gets involved and challenges for the European Championship?

Ambrose has a chance to become one of THE guys in the business at WM32.

I did NOT expect to see The Funker on Raw. Whoa.

Jesus Christ. How in the world are they going to use a chainsaw in all this? A burning branding iron would be insane enough.

Owens has some serious pull.

Really good video package on Hell in a Cell.

I mean, if that video doesn't sell you on Shane vs. Taker, I don't see what would.

Stock in Booty-O's cereal is going to soar.

I'm enjoying LoN. They're pretty serious heels.

I think the "New Day Rocks" cadence is going to be the next "What," for better or worse.

I miss Ricardo Rodriguez... And Zeb Colter for that matter.

Fun stuff by New Day as always.

That was a pretty fun segment overall, I think.

- Rusev vs. Big E:
Fun match so far.

These two are good. I like big guys who can move and have solid technique.

Impressive mobility from the hosses. I'm glad WWE signed both.

I think that was pretty good overall.

I enjoyed the Wyatt Family promo, but I do think it's time for them to actually have a goal for WM32.

I really hope we're not in for another Big Show win in the battle royal. He got his big nod last year.

Based Social Outcasts. I'd like to see them go "Gulliver's Travels" on Big Show here.

Phew. At least Show didn't destroy all of them.

Kane shaking Bo's hand was pretty funny. He's the definition of Chaotic Neutral.

BAH GAWD THE BIG RED MACHINE, HELLFAHR AND BRIMSTONE, etc.

- Fandango vs. Y2J:
I've really missed Fandango on Raw. Also his original manager.

Fandango is a solid worker. He just only gets to show it on Main Event, Superstars, and live events.

Y2Jackass was a little forced, but it's whatever.

Jericho needed that win to look credible. I love the former Johnny Curtis, but him winning would hurt Jericho more than help the dancer.

I'm ready for a final (?) encounter between Jericho and Styles. They do really well together.

Wow. They're doing a lot of building up for Hell in a Cell. Shane needs it.

Owens is GOLD on the mic. One of my favorite characters in years. Really funny setup for the contenders' match.

- Stardust vs. Cara vs. Ryder:
So are the Lucha Dragons officially done, like Cosmic Ascension presumably is?

These three are making the most of their opportunity.

I like Stardust's strategy against the more high-flying wrestlers. He's a smart wrestler. I like that.

I liked that post-match.

I love Owens making everything a conspiracy against him. It's like his character is Bret Hart or something.

Damn. Owens walked into something bad there.

I'm fine with a clustermess ladder match. Those can be fun every once in a while, and this one has some real meaning.

OH SHIT ROMAN MEANS BUSINESS.

I kind of wish we got a rehash of Ambrose vs. Harper with a brawl in the vehicle. That was amazing.

- Natalya vs. Charlotte:
Natayla's always impressive. Charlotte's coming along well, too.

These two work together really well.

Good ending. I'm excited for WM32.

- Bubba Ray vs. R-Truth:
I remember Team 3D and Ron Killings teaming in TNA for a while. Funny how they've come full-circle like this.

Truth's agility is always impressive. He's been going for a while now.

I miss the Bubba Bomb and Bubba Cutter as finishers, but I like the surprise wins.

Damn. The Dudleys have no sympy for fellow former TNA stars. Sorry, Black Reign.

I'm excited for the Usos vs. Dudleys match. What if the losers have to go through a table, if they're not going to flat out make it a tables match? They've got to involve some furniture after this much teasing of it.

I love the "former son" line about Shane.

Remember, the tease has ALWAYS been Shane running Raw. Not WWE as a whole.

I like Vince pinning Shane's misfortune on the audience cheering him on.

Teasing Shane kicking out of three chokeslams is kind of scary. I don't think I'd be able to buy that.

I still don't really know why Taker's OK with being Vince's puppet. It hasn't been explained well.

They're going to have a huge clustermess on their hands booking Shane vs. Taker. Some people like watching trainwrecks, though. Can we PLEASE get the Mean Street Posse?

- Ambrose vs. Strowman:
Ambrose headlining Raw is a good sign.

I like Strowman being an indestructible mastodon. Shades of Frankenstein's monster.

Ambrose is one crazy, masochistic SOB.

Ambrose is having to bump and move to make this one work, but it's still enjoyable.

I don't think Dean cares about being DQ'd.

Nice ending to the show. He finally got Strowman down.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment