Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 17, 2016

NXT and Main Event Reax - 3/16/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and Main Event.
NXT:
Joe and Zayn had one hell of a battle last week.

I'm glad Zayn's OK with that loss. He's giving Joe his due. 

I would have marked if El Generico would have appeared as Zayn's opponent. Oh well, maybe he'll be in the GCS?

I can see why this guy's called Swagsuke Nakamura. He's got personality and a LOT of buzz. I'm looking forward to his NXT/WWE tenure. Hopefully it goes better than Hideo Itami's run has gone so far.

- Hype Bros vs. Dawkins/Crawford:
I don't really know why Mojo's so over, but he is. 

Impressive teaming so far from Ryder and Mojo.

I think Mojo's coming along. He seems more confident and fluid, and in better shape.

Decent squash match to put Mojo and Zack back on the map.

HHH didn't Pedigree Arnold? Oh, well. It looks like they did good things there.

That was mostly a good Divas' segment backstage. Deonna's not a great promo, but maybe she'll come along if she's going to be a regular in NXT or TNA.

- Deonna vs. Emma:
Emma is just destroying Deonna here. Purrazo's the new punching bag of the division.

Purrazo looked OK. I think she's still got some improving to do. Emma, of course, looked great. She was clearly the veteran there.

- Ciampa vs. Sorensen:
Ciampa looks like he's about to make Jessy re-think the whole "not retiring" thing.

Sorensen does have a good look and size.

Both men have some good fire. I like seeing guests get some work under their belts in NXT.

That was a pretty good showing given the time it had. Ciampa is INTENSE. He's a fighter, not an entertainer.

- Eva/Nia vs. Bayley/Asuka:
Asuka's fun to watch when she gets on a roll with her strikes.

Nia can be fun to watch, too, given her incredible strength and power.

Bayley's a solid technical force. (Eva's in the match, too).

I kind of wish that match would have gone longer so we could see more from the Divas-in-training. It was OK for the time it got. 

I was hoping Asuka and Nia would face off one-on-one to determine Bayley's opponent, but I'm definitely excited for this match.

I don't think I'd mind Asuka winning so Bayley can move up to the main roster. I don't know if the division's ready for the champion to leave just yet, and I think there's still stuff to do between Charlotte, Sasha, and Becky, but it's certainly something to think of.

Wait, Aries isn't going to be on TV until Takeover? I was hoping we'd see him beat Tye Dillinger...

Pretty good promo from Aries. He's got confidence that comes with experience.

As much as I've enjoyed the previous Asuka/Emma battles, I don't know how many more times I want to see it.

- A. Alpha vs. Vaudevillains:
I really wish the guy in the Vaudevillains' video accompanied them to the ring. I think having a manager could take their act up a notch.

Good work early. JJ and Gable are really smooth.

The Vaudevillains seem more focused now that they're heels again.There's some good aggression and teaming tactics on display here.

Really solid action. AA are going places. 

AA vs. The Revival is going to be SICK. The story of Jordan and Gable teaming up and picking up wins has been solid.

Main Event:
- Dragons vs. Ascension:
This feud is turning into the Usos vs. PTP. The matches are always good, but we've seen a lot of them.

Konnor and Viktor seem to be improving. Their experience on the main roster is helping them become more fluid.

Pretty good action so far. The bigger superstars trying to bully the quick, flashy guys is generally an effective story.

I like that Kalisto does all these crazy moves, then Konnor just lays him out with a clothesline. Sometimes simple is effective.

Pretty good match. 

I do think the Stardust character is kind of running thin at this point. Maybe once Amell beats him at Wrestlemania (?), we'll see something new from him.

- Summer vs. Paige:
Lana's just all over WWE TV now, huh? 

This is a pretty good match so far. Both Divas have solid bases.

That was mostly good, although obviously it was just to continue the Lana angle.

It's kind of funny to see Summer and Lana working together after the issue with Rusev.

- Stardust vs. Zayn:
Good mat wrestling so far.

Zayn's a really nimble and agile athlete.

Good psychology between these two, as expected.

Hopefully the people seeing Zayn here want to see who else is doing impressive things in NXT.

I enjoy both these athletes. Stardust has more to him than Cody Rhodes did. It's that extra pizzazz that was missing at times from Cody.

I love the counter-wrestling with both men trying to be safe from big moves from the turnbuckle.

Pretty good match overall.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment