Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 31, 2016

NXT and Main Event Reax - 3/30/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and Main Event.

NXT:
- A. Alpha vs. Hollis/Skyler:
I like seeing Jordan's strength. Obviously it's WAY too early to say "next Brock Lesnar" or "next Kurt Angle" or whatever, but these two guys are talented.

Team Murica is gaining confidence. I don't see them being stuck in NXT for years on end.

Great showcase of the talents of the challengers. They're definitely impressive.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Balor AND Joe on the main roster before the end of the year. That was one of Finn's better promos.

- Corbin vs. Cuellari:
I enjoy Corbin's "accomplishments outside of WWE don't mean shit" gimmick. What a dick.

I like seeing Corbin destroy bland wrestlers. They need someone like him in ROH. He'd be one of their best heels (by default).

Corbin's an enjoyable heel. I hope he's someone we see continue to progress.

Zayn vs. Nakamura is going to be REALLY hype.

I'm really glad we're seeing wrestlers with different styles coming to WWE. It's always cool to see WWE get footage from other promotions for hype packages, too.

- Revival vs. Knight/Cutler:
I still wonder if they decided they didn't need Bull once they got a look at Knight in the ring.

I like the douchebaggery of Dash and Dawson. Talented wrestlers who are good at being heels.

Good teamwork as always from Dash and Dawson.

I liked that promo from Bull. I hope we see him again someday.

- Crews vs. Riley:
I think Riley's a good addition to NXT given his size and experience. They're not using him on the main shows, so it's good to see him here.

Crews has a lot of tools to be successful, but this match was kind of lacking. He just did his signature moves and that was that. Hopefully once Zayn, Balor (?), and Joe (?) finish up their time in NXT, he'll break out into something more as a character and performer.

I'm starting to get into Samson's character. He could make it as a heel in NXT.

That Virgil reference was BASED. That might have been Corbin's best promo. He matches up with Aries well given their respective backgrounds.

Good video to put Bayley and Asuka over.

Zayn is a pretty good soft-spoken promo. I wish he did better fired-up promos to add to that.

- Joe vs. Dempsey:
If I had a dime for every fuck Samoa Joe gives, I'd have NO DIMES. He's just there to kill people and win the title.

Joe just choked Bull Dempsey right out of NXT.

Yeah, Regal, you're going to need more help than that.

Phillips and Graves should have gotten out of dodge.

Main Event:
- Ryback vs. Fandango:
Fandango's a valuable performer. He works well with people who have different styles.

Ryback is a fun hoss.

Both men are pretty talented, albeit in different ways.

Fandango trying to keep Ryback off-balance is good.

Pretty solid match overall. Power vs. technique and speed is always fun.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment