Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Raw Reax - 3/14/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
New Day is a lot of fun in a day when so many acts play it safe.

- Big E/Xavier vs. Del Rio/Rusev:
I like seeing the two big hosses colliding.

Del Rio's a really great wrestler. One of the top guys in the business, surely.

I like LoN trying to pick Xavier apart.

What's good about Big E and Rusev is how mobile they are while still being big enough to be hosses.

Pretty good work overall.

Fine ending if it's setting up something bigger at WM32.

I hope New Day gets a partner to deal with the 4-on-3 advantage. Rock?

DAMN. LoN showed they aren't booty with that post-match. They really took it to the champs.

Honestly Ambrose has nothing to be ashamed of after that match. He really took it to the champ.

Now that the Wyatts are out of the way, Lesnar has Ambrose in his sights.

Ambrose is one crazy SOB to get in the ring with Brock with that gimmick.

OH SHIT we're about to get crazy in here. I don't think a crowbar's going to be enough, Dean!

- Ryback vs. Cara:
I prefer dominant hoss Ryback to babyface Ryback. Either way, he's really improved since his early days.

Sin Cara's got heart!

Ryback probably had him beat with that first Shellshocked, but he did a second one just because he's a mean SOB.  Good heeling.

Kalisto vs. Ryback might be better than it looks on paper if both men are on their A games.

All hail the King.

Triple H as the inevitable establishment heel is perfect. Like anyone's getting rid of someone who's been around this long.

Triple H BURYING the audience here. That's pretty harsh.

DAMN. If Haitch doesn't get booed after this promo, I don't think there's any hope.

Whoa, Dolph is pretty Cena-like lately now that I think of it. Definitely as far as never giving up.

HHH throwing Ziggler under a bus as a loser, too. How can one man be so based?

I wouldn't be shocked if Ziggler just ends up in the Andre battle royal this year...

Ziggler vs. Haitch should be pretty good. I think HHH should get in the ring every once in a while. HHH vs. Rollins definitely needs to happen.

- Zayn vs. Miz:
Sami's incredible. This is what years of experience looks like.

Zayn reminds me a bit of RVD in the ring. Thankfully he's not a jerk outside the ring.

That was pretty good overall. Miz is a good name to get people used to the WWE style.

Good LoN promo. I look forward to LoN vs. New Day at WM32.

Lana's pretty important for someone who hasn't officially stepped into the ring yet.

- Brie/Alicia vs. Team BAD:
This is OK so far. I guess I just don't care much about Brie vs. Lana?

That was fine enough to keep building to a 28-Diva tag at WM32 or whatever. I think they're kind of treading water at this point. They need a non-match segment to push the story forward.

I kind of like the idea of Lana leading Naomi and Tamina. I'm not sure why, but I think that suits them all well.

That Burger King segment wasn't as cringeworthy as most WWE ads.

Oh God it just dawned on me they're doing Brie vs. Lana to get footage for Total Divas.

OK, the plot's thickening some in the Divas division.

I like WWE acknowledging the past of the Horsewomen (sans the one still in NXT).

I look forward to the Divas triple threat.

- Usos vs. Rose/Dallas:
I hope the Dudleys don't just 3D everyone. As fun as that would be, I want to see a good match first.

Well, that was quick. "Pin me, pay me" indeed.

Remember when people thought Ambrose vs. Foley was going to be a thing (pre-Shield)? We were way off about that.

Ambrose doesn't want to end up in the condition Foley's in.

Dean out-cheap popping Foley was pretty funny.

OH SHIT IS THAT BARBIE!??

Oh shit's going to get so real at WM32.

- Ziggler vs. HHH:
Really solid work so far. Haitch has still got it.

I like HHH's methodical striking. He doesn't need a lot of fancy moves to kick someone's ass.

Ziggler's got incredible babyface fire. He can really go.

Ziggler's looking great against the champ.

NICE idea to try for a Pedigree right after the attempted count out. That's why he's The Game.

Really good match. I loved the ending.

BAH GAWD BUSINESS IS ABOUT TO PICK UP. AND YOU CAN BELIEVE THAT.

Roman means business. Isn't it kind of heelish to go after someone following a tough match, though?

Loving this brawl. Reminiscent of the Attitude Era.

Good for Jacqueline to go into the Hall.

Golden Truth can be hysterical.

Chris Jericho can still be a good heel. I kind of wish he'd stay as one.

- Y2J vs. Neville:
Oh, shit. That doesn't look good.

Why didn't they just let Jericho pin him?

Good veteran heel move by Jericho to get heat back on him.

I miss "Get Ready to Fly," but it's still good to see Styles here.

Dish dropping those channels isn't going to happen. Both sides like making money.

I love Vince sometimes.

I wish Shane had some of Vince's mannerisms. I want to see him announce Wrestlemania on the moon.

I do wish we had more of a reason why Taker is beholden to Vince here.

That was pretty graphic from Vince. I got creepy flashbacks to Boss Man hanging from a noose.

Taker's not going to stand for Shane's dancing inside the Cell.

Passionate promo from Shane.

OOOOOHHHHHH Shane's poking the bear here.

Good ending, I guess. Does Taker do something to give Shane the win at WM32 to stick it to Vince?

No comments:

Post a Comment