Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 10, 2016

NXT and Main Event Reax - 3/9/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and Main Event.

NXT:
I love the slow builds on NXT. The main roster could have had Aries debut, cut a promo, and face Corbin all in his first week or two.

- Zayn vs. Joe:
Wait, what!? They're starting with this match? I figured it would end the episode.

I like seeing dignitaries at ringside for this really big match. I miss Itami...

Seeing Adam Jones in the house for NXT is pretty great.

Joe using his strength and leverage is smart.

ROH would have had five finishers kicked out of by now.

Nice mat wrestling so far.

Good work leading to break. This match is starting well.

I like Joe methodically breaking Zayn down, but Sami refusing to give up.

OK, this one's starting to go long without a pinfall. I get they're both top athletes and all that, but I really want to see other wrestlers on this show.

I like Joe sweeping the legs instead of continuing to trade blows.

I also like Zayn being too tired to lift Joe.

Thank goodness Joe got a fall with the Muscle Buster. I admire the conditioning necessary to wrestle this long, but I don't really enjoy matches going longer than 30 minutes.

Joe going right on the attack to try for a second fall is great.

These two are close to being spent. I guess that's preferable than everyone kicking out of finishers left and right.

Joe trying to win via countout is smart. Make Zayn expend energy he doesn't have.

It was probably smart to tap out than expend a bunch of energy trying to get out of the hold, taking further damage in the process.

Now things are really heating up, because it's all on the line.

Both guys are great, but super-long matches really aren't my thing.

I love the powerbomb into a Boston Crab spot, provided the other wrestler kicks out before the submission is applied.

Zayn going for Joe's own submission is great. That's how desperate he is to win.

Sami gave it his all. There's no shame in that defeat.

Main Event:
- Breeze vs. Ryder:
I like how these two work, separately and together.

Nice aggression and heel tactics from Breeze.

Breeze is working smartly here.

This is pretty enjoyable so far.

Good counter to the Rough Ryder.

Nice surprise ending.

So-so Divas' promos. I am glad they're pushing getting a Wrestlemania moment. That should be a big deal.

Funny Outcasts promo. They're a nice throwback to the J.O.B. Squad and other fun jobber teams.

I BOLIEVE in you, Bo!

- Bo vs. Ryback:
Ryback's power is impressive.

Damn. Ryback's not playing around.

That was pretty good overall.

- Paige/Natalya vs. Naomina:
Enjoyable teaming from the cat lady and Miley Cyrus. That was painful to type.

Paige can be pretty good.

Naomi and Tamina are a pretty solid duo.

Natalya has been one of the most consistently good Diva workers during her WWE run. She'll be missed when she moves on from wrestling.

Good ending.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment