Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Impact Wrestling Reax - 3/8/16

Read on for my thoughts about last night's Impact Wrestling.
I love Kurt Angle, but I think they've gone a little heavy on how much they're focusing on him at the expense of other wrestlers.

I mean, seriously, Angle's great, but there are other important wrestlers in TNA who should be pushed.

Angle has definitely had some absolutely amazing matches in TNA. He's been a big part of their progress from the FSN days.

I hope Lashley gets a big rub tonight, so Kurt leaving benefits someone who's staying around. They have done a good job of showing how "game" some of his opponents are, I'll give them that.

Lashley could get such a big heel moment tonight.

- EY vs. Bram vs. Damo vs. Ospreay vs. Havoc:
TNA vs. the UK continues. 

EY bringing back the piledriver has been great. He's been a really talented evil heel.

Bram's a scary dude. He definitely fits the sadistic heel role.

That neckbreaker spot was SICK.

Good match overall. Glad EY retained.

LOL. I'm sure TNA loves showing footage of Joe tapping to Angle after Joe went to NXT.

I'm pretty much already burned out on Bennett and Maria. I do think Maria could be an interesting character in the Knockouts world, though.

With Davey injured, are the Decay in for a tag team title run?

I love that Bennett didn't actually get a match with Angle. At least they're not pushing him down our throats that hard.

LOL. Bennett's a KOTM Title guy at best.

Profanity is so cheap...

I really hope Bennett doesn't get Drew's briefcase. The idea of him being World Champion is scary.

Galloway can work circles around Bennett. The Miracle is an effective heel, though. I can't stand him and want to see him get his ass handed to him.

Bleh. The Wolves. I'm glad they didn't end up in NXT. They're pretty forced as being great, too.

- Gail vs. Jade:
I'm glad Jade gets a title match after pinning Gail at Lockdown.

Gail's got some impressive fire.

Jade's showing some good work here.

This match is one of the better matches we've seen in the division lately. They're both working hard.

NICE. NICE match overall. I think Jade looked good in defeat, which is always a good thing to see.

Why does EC3 get another title shot? He should at least have to beat Spud or Tyrus first. I think it's just a matter of putting a big match on the live Impact.

- Wolves vs. Beer Money:
I really dislike the Wolves' overly choreographed offense. Having a few cool doubleteam moves is OK, but pretty much their whole shtick is cool moves. They're more acrobats than wrestlers.

Double submission spots from one person are usually pretty silly and unnatural, because it's clear they're just done to get a reaction instead of telling a story.

I'm pretty impressed with Beer Money as always.

I would have liked for Davey getting caught off the springboard to be the end. Less is more.

OH THANK GOODNESS! Maybe now something new and interesting can happen in the tag team division.

Lashley vs. Galloway should be a big feud with Angle out. I'd definitely rather see that than Bennett vs. ... well, anyone, really.

I want to see the show end with Angle tapping Bennett out. It would be almost as painful to Bennett as Bennett's segments have been this past year or so (including ROH on DA).

Hopefully we don't see as much of Grado when they get back to the States.

I like Drake and Godderz. I'd like to see them team up against Beer Money.

I'm glad Shera didn't run off both men by himself.

Oh, no. What if Grado becomes KOTM Champion??

They're jumping right to some big matches on the live Impact.

- Angle vs. Lashley:
These two are INCREDIBLE. I love it.

Angle and Lashley are two of the best workers in the business. It's a shame this is their last encounter.

WHAT'S SUPLEX CITY DOING IN TNA!?

Damn. Lashley's really, really good. WWE missed the boat on bringing him back.

This is a war.

This is a really big performance for Lashley. I wouldn't mind him being the next TNA Champion.

Incredible. Simply incredible. Very great work from both men.

BAH GAWD WHY LASHLEY WHY????

Insane beatdown angle. I'm loving it.

EC3 vs. Lashley should be really big, too.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment