Total Pageviews

Friday, April 14, 2017

Impact Wrestling Reax - 4/13/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.
- Opening:
Impact does a great job of reminding people what has happened before this show and what's going on tonight. I like that.

- SCUM vs. L. Kid/Garza vs. Steve/Abyss:
Impact jumped right into rebuilding the tag team division. I like that.

Umm... weird spot with Garza tearing his pants off. Especially after having been beat down by SCUM. You'd think he'd take things a little more seriously.

Yeah, Decay making Garza pay for that mistake.

This is pretty fun.

Not too bad.

- Everett/Helms/Lee:
I'm not crazy about the continuing X-Division multi-man spotfests, but they have more of a point now. Hopefully this leads to the division focusing more on feuds and less on cool moves. I am pretty interested about Helms getting back in the ring and what that can mean. He still gets in the ring here and there, so it's not out of the question for him to do so in Impact.

- Prichard declares a contender:
Hahahahahahaha the online poll was a work. I love it Maggle.

I assume next week will lead to Storm vs. EC3 and Lashley vs. Alberto at Slammiversary. Works for me.

I mean, EC3's got a point considering this was taped before the poll was even put on the website.

I like Bruce in this role. He's a good talker.

Good wrinkles in the EC3 character. I'm glad he's got something new going on.

- Sienna/KM vs. Allie/Braxton:
I like the dichotomy between HM and Braxton.

Hahaha Allie's not so sure she wants to get involved with all this.

Well that was different! Allie playing something of a novice in the ring is something fresh and different from what others do.

- Post-match:
Oh I like this new guy already.

So, did KM basically render himself secondary by bringing Kongo in?

Man. Kong's pretty brutal.

Laurel's pretty opportune!

I guess Laurel and Sienna are still buddies without Maria around.

Laurel's putting a lot into this role.

- Rosemary vs. Santana:
I'm glad for the return of "enhancement" matches.

Santana's someone WWE absolutely needs to use for the women's tournament. She's good.

I'm enjoying this one. Rosemary is a believable monster.

Impressive tryout for Santana if that's how you want to look at it.

- Davey/Angelina:
This is the most I've enjoyed these two in a LONG time. Glad they're doing something fresh.

- Everett vs. Rockett vs. Suicide vs. Helms:
Hahahaha smart move by Helms. Pick your spots!

You know, flips and stuff.

I like Helms' strategy here. "Four guys trying to do the coolest move" gets SSSSOOOOOOO old.

Rockett's a nice change of pace, too, using his power.

I love Helms here.

Everett vs. Helms would be pretty good.

This is pretty fun overall.

Not bad! I like the story advancement.

- Post-match:
Fun enough. I might be more excited for Everett vs. Helms than Everett vs. Lee, which should be good in its own right.

- Davey vs. DJ Z:
Davey's completely believable as a guy who would go off the deep end and beat the hell out of someone.

That's why you don't make out with your wife in the middle of a match. Did Davey not watch Bryan vs. Sheamus at Mania a few years back?

DJ Z's getting in a lot of offense on a former world champion.

I'm glad that stopped before it got TOO flippy. Davey can be pretty intense!

- Post-match:
Awwwww yyyyyeeeeeeeeaaaahhhhhh. I love a crazy fight.

How are they going to top that insane LMS match?

- Lashley/Bram/Drake/Tyrus vs. Alberto/Adonis/Morgan/Magnus:
Oh yeah. This is fun already.

I'm enjoying seeing these names back!

Wow. Adonis doing pretty well against the champ.

Good work so far.

I'm liking what everyone's bringing to the table.

I love the heels taking advantage of the referee being distracted instead of just being people who make mean faces in between flippy moves.

I missed these guys, especially The Blueprint.

Alberto's good.

Pretty fun!

- Post-match:
Hahaha. Fun way to finally get rid of Josh. I can appreciate making the most of his notoriety before booting him; he's done a great job of getting some real heat.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment