Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Raw Reax - 4/17/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

- Braun/Angle:
So, how long until Braun demands Lesnar?

I do wonder what's left to settle at Payback. Where do they go from there with Braun and Roman? Does Bray get involved?

God, imagine Braun vs. Angle. That would be hellacious.

Angle's been destroyed as GM before. I don't think he wants to relive that.

- Joe vs. Rollins set for Payback:
HHH faded to the background pretty quickly.

- Y2J vs. Joe:
Joe has no sympy for Fozzy's lead singer.

Jericho's still very game.

I'm loving this. This is a match people have wanted for years. I would have thought it would have been more likely in Impact or ROH than in WWE.

Pretty solid here.

I'm really enjoying this and hope there's another big singles match between the two.

That would have been a surprising pinfall. Good ending, though.

- Joe/Rollins:
A one-man nation of violence!!

I like Joe taking up the mantle while HHH and (especially) Stephanie stay in the background.

- Club/Drifter:
Well, Elias just kind of hanging around backstage fits his gimmick.

- G. Truth/Braun:
WHAT THAT WAS UNCALLED FOR!!!!!

- Braun/ref:
Hahahaha Kurt didn't even want to tell Braun himself. I don't blame him!!

- Club/Enzo/Cass:
OK, I laughed hard at the United Airlines comment. For once they nailed a relevant reference.

- Club vs. Enzo/Cass:
The faces are a pretty fun duo.

The Club are a perfectly functional duo.

It's fun to see Cass go on a tear sometimes.

Good spot with the big boot taking both men out. Kind of a scary landing for Cass, though.

Not bad at all!

- MizTV:
I'd like to see Miz "retire" MizTV for a while. It's running long in the tooth.

I'd also like to see Ambrose get some kind of a reboot. He's the same dude on either show. I don't think a heel turn would cut it. Hell, I'd take Lost in Cleveland II at this point.

I liked Miz pushing superstars vs. wrestlers.

OOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH how much of a shoot was THAT? Dean was someone we thought would be a top player and he just doesn't give enough of a damn to be a top WWE star. He'd be content working in front of 150 people if it paid the bills.

I was really hoping Miz would mention that awful Stone Cold podcast appearance.

Uggghhhh. Ambrose is too millennial for me.

For what it's worth, I made the 150 people comment before watching Dean say he'd wrestle in front of 20 people.

"Having the belt doesn't mean anything" was a facepalm-worthy remark. I'm sure Jim Cornette blew a gasket.

Miz can cut a promo like few others.

- Braun/Kalisto/Show:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH Kalisto replacing Sin Cara as the resident victim for Braun.

Dude, Braun will smack Show around, too. At least they're not trying to make Mark Henry a threat again.

- TJP vs. Gallagher:
Neville's so full of himself. I love it.

Hahahahaa no one upstages A-Double!!!

Pretty good action so far.

Gallagher is one heck of a worker for someone with such a silly gimmick.

Fine work. I'm liking this.

Ha. I expect we're in got a tag match on 205 Live.

Kicking the rope into Jack's face was ROUGH.

Good one.

- Tozawa/Crews/Titus:
Nice to see that friendship is WWE canon now.

Poor Titus is going to be stuck in this spot forever.

- Hardys/Cesaro/Sheamus:
I really want to see Vanguard-1, Senor Benjamin, etc. now.

Sheamus makes a good enough face. He's more natural as a heel, though.

Fine enough!

- Sasha vs. Alexa vs. Mickie vs. Nia:
How weird is it not to have Charlotte around here?

I love the Alexa/Nia relationship here.

Pretty good match we've got going on here.

Nia's a force of nature.

I'm liking this.

This is a really good story instead of spot-spot-spot-spot-spot.

Fun stuff.

NICE ending. I loved the characterization there.

- Show promo:
I hope Show didn't vape before this one. He's going to need to be at 100% to beat Strowman.

- Hawkins promo:
Hahaha Hawkins taking credit for Show being in the main event was pretty good.

Ooooh. You might need to call up Tyler Reks to help with this guy.

- Hawkins vs. Balor:
They smartly had Finn avoid crazy bumps. He might not be 100%.

- Y2J/Samson:
Jericho can be pretty silly at times.

Jericho's going to need a new list eventually with all these names!!

- Bray promo:
I'm excited for House of Horrors, even if it could be the most ridiculous thing ever. I need a change of pace from flips and dives!

I hope they have a crazy spectacle planned.

- Alicia/Dana/Emma:
Bleeeehhhhhh. The women's segments could still use a lot of work at times. Things get too "catfight"-y and reality show-esque.

- J. Hardy vs. Cesaro:
Talk about a weird combination of wrestling styles.

Jeff's going to continue his spotmonkey ways as long as he can!

We've got a demolition derby going on here.

Cesaro's a pretty talented guy.

Nice swanton counter.

OOOOUUUUCCCCCHHHH that bump from being crotched.

Jeff is insane.

Cesaro beating Jeff clean would have been REALLY big.

Nice one!!

- Braun/Slater/Rhyno:
The former tag champs made the right move getting away from Strowman.

- Show vs. Strowman:
I'm liking seeing more brawls. Not everything needs to be a technical masterpiece.

Man, Show's moving like it's 1995.

Hell, Braun can move pretty well, too!

This is pretty fun.

Be careful superplexing Show!!

Oh, they've got to deliver a superplex now.

OH MY GOOOOOOODDDDDD that KO punch. That was something else.

NIIIIIIICEEEE. Wrestling needs more larger-than-life spectacle. More action movie and less synchronized choreography.

HOLY SHIT. They're going to need to pull out Kevin Nash's taser to beat this dude.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment