Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 6, 2017

NXT and ROH Reax - 4/5/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.

-- NXT:
- Peyton vs. Aliyah:
Glad to see these two being featured. Aliyah in particular could use some creen time.

Fun work so far.

Peyton seems to be growing.

Not bad from Aliyah!

Fine enough for the time it had.

- Asuka promo:
I mean, yeah. Who can possibly stand up to Asuka now??

- Otis/Tucker vs. B. Boyz:
Yeah I wouldn't be eager to fight these hosses either.

Fun to see a face big team that doesn't try too hard (looking at you, War Machine).

Hahaha fun stuff.

I'm liking the story here.

That was nice! Heavy Machinery are gelling well.

- Oney promo:
I assume Lorcan's being transitioned into 205 Live.

- Ellering promo:
I really wonder what's next for these two. Who's going to be in the tag title picture come Takeover:Brooklyn?

- Roode promo:
I'm really excited for Roode's future. He's taking the ball and running with it.

- Drew interview:
I'm really excited for more from Drew. He tore it up in Impact.

- Vagabundo/Oney:
I assume Elias Samson will be part of the Superstar Shakeup. I don't see much more for him to do in NXT. Heck, No Way Jose could be drafted to the other show to even things out. Not that that has anything to do Vagabundo! He's clearly a different person.

Ahhhhh that Drifter guy gets a lot of heat!

MAN! Vagabundo's upset at being interrupted and compared to Elias Samson.

- Oney vs. Vagabundo:
Wow, this Vagabundo guy's already pretty solid.

Lorcan's getting sonned by the new guy.

Yeah, I could never see a "do the same move a whole bunch of times in a row" spot again and be OK.

WWHHHHAAAAATTTT????? You mean that was Elias Samson THE WHOLE TIME!!????

NICE finisher. That was something else.
 
- Post-match:
I'm glad Samson got to be part of that taping after all. 

-- ROH:
- Cole/Bucks:
I'd like ROH more if these three guys didn't get as much TV time. I still mostly like Cole, but I'd like to see some new faces get some TV time.

Wait, how does Cole get to choose who's in Bullet Club? Hell, who DOES make that call since it's a NJPW group?

Ohhhh shit. Omega/Cole feud? That would at least be new and different.

God, imagine Cole being a FOUR time champion. There'd have to be a really good reason to put the belt back on him at this point... if he's even staying much longer.

- Davey Boy Jr. vs. Rowe:
I hope we see more of Davey Boy in ROH. Or anywhere really. He didn't get to live up to his potential during his WWE tenure.

Oh yeah, Smith's already one of the best workers in ROH by actually utilizing a strategy.

I'm liking the physicality.

NICE. Smith has a good mean streak in him.

YEEESSSSSS. Push this man!

Davey Boy putting on a clinic.

Rowe is decent enough here. I wish he worked this seriously more often.

This is pretty solid!

Fine enough. Come back soon, Davey!!

- Milonas vs. Woods:
Woods showing some credibility with his MMA skills.

This isn't bad.

I'm liking both men here!

NICE counter to the triangle.

This is a pretty decent battle for people who are just prospects.

Oh I'm liking Woods' smoothness.

Fine by me!

- Bully footage:
Awkward since they've already won and defended the title.

- Scurll vs. King:
Good start.

These two are working together pretty well.

Scurll's a good pickup for ROH at a time when seemingly everyone else is trying to get into WWE.

This has been quite solid!

I'm enjoying this a good deal.

Both men are showing good talent here.

Quite the clash overall. King didn't look bad in defeat.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment