Total Pageviews

Friday, April 28, 2017

Impact Wrestling Reax - 4/27/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.
- Video package:
Wow. A lot of stuff happened last week, huh?


- Announcers situation:
I really hope the remarks about bullying announcers are playing off the JBL/Mauro thing. Genius inside reference.


In Josh's defense, most companies aren't OK with their employees punching each other.

Josh is doing a great job getting heat. IF it pays off and we can move the focus from the non-wrestlers, I'm OK with them running with him as a heel.

- Sydal return:
I don't think I've seen someone return to two promotions' TV shows in one week before. Sydal's definitely in a select group of people being able to work an agreement like this.

- Trevor vs. Sydal:
I like Lee and Helms trying to ruin the comeback.

This is pretty good so far. Glad it's not a big six-man match where everyone's trying to do moves.

Fine for the time it had. I assume they're setting up Sydal vs. Low Ki. So much for Trevor vs. Everett and a push for someone who isn't already a known entity, though.

- Sienna/Karen:
Fine to set up the GFW Title match. I hope Von Eerie has a good showing.


- EC3/J. Storm:
This is a guy with star presence. I hope he's got a lot of good things ahead of him.


There are a LOT of new and returning guys trying to claim EC3's throne.

Hahahaha Carter heeling people cheering him was good. Too many heels want to loved as bad guys.

I like that a lot of people are looking for the World Title. It's one thing Impact does well.

I like EC3 looking for a rub at the Cowboy's expense.

I hope Storm does get a "thank you" run like Daniels is getting in ROH before handing it up.

Nice nod to Dixie being gone.

Ugggghhhhh. "E-C-Bitch" was a cringeworthy line. It always comes across as immature.

This is pretty cool.

NICE use of the human shield.

That was all good.

- KM segment:
Well this is weird.


Fine by me, I suppose.

- Von Eerie promo:
Christina has held that title for 500-something days, but it doesn't really mean as much as it would if
Charlotte or someone did that kind of thing because GFW really isn't that big of a deal.

- Von Eerie vs. Storie:
Christina's not bad!


Fine little physical match to establish the GFW champ.

- Swoggle/Spud:
WHY IS THIS A THING????? Did Swoggle move a lot of merch or something in WWE?


- Low Ki video:
It's good to have such a credible force in the X-Division. I'm surprised but excited to see Low Ki back.


- Wolves package:
That was pretty good. Definitely the most interesting Davey and Angelina have been in a LONG time now.


- Alberto/Magnus/Karen:
GFW "World" Champion. I like Magnus but it's not a very prestigious title.

I assume they're just going to unify all the GFW titles with Impact titles at Slammiversary. Fine by me.

- Moose video:
They're doing a pretty good job putting people over this way.


- Moose vs. Davey:
-- Round One:
I actually really like the Grand Title gimmick after initially thinking it was really goofy.


Weird that Moose is the one getting aerial here. You wouldn't think that looking at the two of them.

Davey's a lethal guy.

Good work on the leg.

Really smart. Even though Moose didn't tap in round one, he's vulnerable going forward.

-- Round Two:
I like Davey's tenacity.


Moose is really good. Not just a big guy.

This is pretty solid! Both men are working hard.

-- Round Three:
That leg might as well have a target on it.


I'm liking the more focused Davey.

I'm enjoying this a LOT.

Good story there.

- Post-match:
Wow, really? These football guys are owning the former ROH World Champ. I think that hurt Davey after looking like a killer in the Eddie feud.

- Kongo vs. Silman:
I don't blame Silman for not wanting to engage that monster.


Fine enough to build Kong.

It's fun to see this kind of destruction every now and again.

Not bad!

- Bah/Bokara vs. VoW:
The Impact roster has changed drastically with Jarrett back in charge.


Good to see Mayweather back.

Fun stuff here.

Ugggggggh I hate when big bumps aren't sold.

OK, I guess, to get over even more new talent. There's a LOT going on every week on this show.

- VoW promo:
Pretty cool stuff. Basic, but effective.

I like titles mattering so much in Impact.

- Swoggle/Spud again:
Damn. Swoggle is pure evil!


I hope that's a fake hammer!!

- Drake/Tyrus:
SO many people in this company it's hard for anyone to get much TV time.


I wonder what's next for these two.

- Ortiz/Santana vs. Steve/Abyss:
I expect Steve's going to get a big asskicking here.


I love some crazy hardcore brawling. Not death matches, though.

Fun stuff.

Man. Everything's happening at once here.

I hope the 450 members of LAX can win here.

Wow this is wild.

Holy SHIT what a shot to the head by Abyss.

Jesus. Everyone's getting involved here!

Abyss takes some crazy bumps.

Bumps with thumbtacks and barbed wire scare the hell out of me.

Oh MAN did Steve take a big bump to end his Impact career.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment