Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Smackdown and 205 Live Reax - 4/11/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown and 205 Live.

-- Smackdown:
- Owens/Corbin/Zayn/Styles/Bryan:
I can't say this change surprises me given Ambrose moving to Raw with the IC Title. I think a new environment could be good for Kevin.

The "guy not from the U.S. heeling the U.S. while U.S. Champion" thing has gotten a little stale over the years.

Interesting use of Baron. It does make sense for him to go for the title since he can't continue his feud with Dean for the IC Title, though.

Corbin's cockiness here is good.

Oh God no Owens vs. Zayn is going to continue. They always have great matches, but enough is enough!!

I thought that Angle wasn't going to trade Sami to Smackdown??

I don't like the "nobody cares about you" line. There's "I can kick your ass" and then there's "you're not worth anyone investing time in."

So... wait. Owens might not be part of Smackdown after all? Only if he wins at Payback? Weird.

Wow, AJ's down to U.S. Title level already? Damn.

- Orton vs. Rowan:
I wonder what Erick thinks about Bray leaving him for Raw.

Fun enough so far.

Fine enough work to continue this feud.

I can't be the only one who wondered if Bray had been sent right back to Smackdown. That happened to Cena with Raw one year and it was hilarious.

So Rowan can't get the win over Randy with spooky stuff either.

Fine enough ending and post-match.

- Usos vs. A. Alpha:
These two sides work together pretty well.

I'm enjoying this one so far.

Gable and Jordan are wrestling machines.

This is really good!

OH MY GOD WHAT A COUNTER TO THE SUICIDE DIVES.

That was awesome.

- Post-match:
I groaned at first, but maybe a change in scenery is just what the Colons need.

- Mojo vs. Jinder:
It is good for Curt and Jinder to work with new people, even if they're just going to job.

It's still weird to me they had Mojo win. They really wanted that tie-in with Gronk.

Mahal's a solid enough wrestler.

I actually kind of want to see Mahal vs. Gronk.

Fine enough. I hope this does pay off with Gronk getting in the ring. Otherwise, I don't see much point.

- Post-match:
They really like Mojo, huh?

- Shane/Women's division:
Umm, really Shane? How many TV episodes and PPVs did Smackdown's women headline?

Hahahah I love Ellsworth.

That was fun enough.

That REALLY awkward acknowledgement of Jimmy Snuka.

Good to see Tamina back, even if she immediately got her thunder stolen by someone else. I'm very glad Charlotte will be away from Sasha and Bayley.

- More switching:
Hahaha Sin Cara's just going to be in Kalisto's spot. BUT it will be good for everyone to have new opponents, even at that level. It's got to get tiring working the same people so much.

I hope Rusev has a run at the top. He's got a ton of potential.

- Aiden promo:
I don't anticipate a big push for English.

- Aiden vs. Dillinger:
Tye's smooth.

It is good to actually see an Aiden English match again.

That was pretty good! Glad to see Tye at a bigger stage.

- Dolph/Nakamura:
I could not care any less about Dolph Ziggler.

Blah blah blah blah blah.

PHEW thank you Shinsuke. Can Dolph get sent to the UK brand or something?

Really? Dolph doesn't watch NXT?

Hahahahaha Dolph sonned.

- New. Day moves:
Works for me, although I figured they'd get a bigger reveal than that given how important they are.

- TJP promo:
Perkins could be a pretty good heel, I think. He's pretty naturally smug.

- Styles vs. Corbin vs. Zayn:
The last thing I want to see is ANOTHER Zayn/Owens feud.

Nice double suplex spot.

Fun work so far.

Zayn's always a treat to watch.

Sami's fired up!

Nice counter to the Helluva Kick.

I'm glad this match is more than AJ and Sami doing cool moves. That probably costs it a star or two, but that shouldn't be the focus.

GENIUS doing a victory roll before the forearm could hit.

This is really good!

I'm loving the broken up covers. This match really means something to them.

This is really something else!

Loved all the action at the end. It was action-packed without just being a bunch of MOVES.

-- 205 Live:
- Kendrick vs. Mustafa:
This is good so far. Simple, but effective.

Solid stuff!

Ehhhhh did Ali really NEED two jumps to hit a crossbody?

Man. Brian's just straight-up mean.

Good submission work.

Ali's very agile.

Hey, Kendrick's still got some agility himself.

Hahahaaha Brian just got played.

Not bad at all! I'm glad Brian and Tozawa weren't facing each other this week.

- Post-match:
Akira's growing as a personality.

- TJP/Gallagher:
Nice line about the Aries attack.

I'm liking Smug TJ.

I mean, TJ's got a point about deserving credit.

- Swann vs. Ocean:
Ha. Swann and Ocean.

Ocean's not going down without a fight.

Swann can move really well.

Good enough to keep Rich on the map. Was Alicia watching?

- Swann/Noam/Alicia:
Hahahahaha Noam is such a dick.

I'm DYING at Noam being upset at someone interfering in a relationship.

This is silly in a great way.

Well that was something different!!

- Aries interview:
That wasn't bad, although now Austin's just another guy on 205 Live.

- TJP vs. Gallagher:This is nice in the early going.

I like what Gallagher pulls out in the ring.

This is interesting.

I'm liking the chess and oneupsmanship.

Glad to see that umbrella spot backfire for once.

Hahah Jack is something else.

I'm liking Perkins trying to win with a submission.

This is really good!

Wow. Nice back and forth.

Don't count TJ out.

Both men are putting on a stellar performance here.

Loving the story with Jack's knee being worked on.

That was a really good ending. Definitely worth checking out this one.

- Post-match:
Be careful whom you trust, TJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment