Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 27, 2017

NXT and ROH Reax - 4/26/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.

-- NXT:
- Cross/Ruby:
I'm liking this a lot. 

Nikki is one tough lady. I like it.

I don't know if Ruby can take Nikki.

- Roode interview:
I'm curious what Itami's ceiling is. His injuries have really stopped his momentum after he was a pretty big signing.

I expect Bobby will duck Hideo for a while. That gets tiring.

- Almas vs. McIntyre:
I hope Cien's got a good road ahead of him. I like what I've seen so far.

Drew's got a lot of aggression to work out after being kicked out of WWE once already.

I like Almas' mind games. Drew's a game opponent.

I like Drew's brawling style.

This is pretty good!

Nice ending.

- Roderick video:
Blah blah blah I'm here to wrestle and win matches and blah.

Oh, wow. That got heavy pretty quickly.

WHOA. That... wow. He's been through a lot.

I'm warming up to Roderick now that I know his story. I think they kind of assumed him having wrestled somewhere else was enough for him to matter in NXT.

That was good. He earned my respect for more than working really hard after all that.

- Black vs. Kona:
I like Kona trying to beat the guy everyone's focusing on instead of just being a crash test dummy.

Black's got something special. He stands out in NXT, which is good.

That was interesting...

Nice showcase for Aleister.

- Ruby promo:
I like that they're not pigeonholing Ruby as a stereotypical babyface. She's got some personality.

Pretty good.

- Andrade interview:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that was great! Andrade has his priorities straight.

- Ruby vs. Cross:
Oh I'm enjoying this.

BAH GAWD ALMIGHTY.

Ruby's able to dish out some punishment, too.

They're going to have to settle this in a crazy gimmick match. I hope so anyway.

Man, Ruby just punched out a ref!!

That was a lot of fun.

- Regal/Asuka:Oooooh.... interesting. I wonder why all this is happening.

- Gallagher vs. Bate:
Good work here.

I love me some holds.

This is fun. I'm liking the style on display.

I haven't seen something like this in a long time. Good to see it.

I'm enjoying this a LOT.

Really good ending. Both men are solid competitors.

-- ROH: 
- Daniels/Cody:
The title scene just seems clunky. The PPV is two weeks away and we don't even know who one of the opponents is. So, Daniels is feuding with Cody AND some other guy. Why not do Cody vs. Kazarian to set up Daniels vs. Cody for Best in the World?

Also why such a convoluted clusterfuck to name the other contender in the first place?

Damnit Cody made me laugh with the Stardust reference.

Or they could do Cody vs. Daniels at WotW and name a no. 1 contender there for BitW. They could even have a triple threat there.

I liked Cody's logic there. I'd normally be OK with Cody being champion, but Daniels deserves a good run before hanging it up.

- Caprice/Lio:
Damn, Lio is still on ROH TV? Him being gone is old news at this point.

- Lio vs. Taylor:
Taylor should absolutely destroy the guy leaving the company. Especially with that size advantage.

Rush basically making a demo tape for 205 Live here.

Fine enough big man/little man match so far.

I'm liking this so far, but I'm sure it will devolve into "can you top this flip."

Rush definitely has talent with all that athleticism.

Yep, lots of flips. You'll probably see them on 205 Live or NXT in a few months.

Not bad at all!

- MCMG/Rush/Caprice/Taylor:
Ha. Flippy guys get WRECKED. Shelley and Sabin have been doing the same damn thing for YEARS.

- TPT video:
Finally paying this off.

- Skyler vs. J. Woods:
I love Woods' legit holds background.

This is fun so far! Good physical chess being played.

Heck, both men are worth looking at.

NICE counter of the senton.

I hope we see a rematch of this. I'm liking it a good deal.

Great work by both men. They're working together well.

Jesus, really? Chaos Theory should be a pinfall. Always.

The ending was a little underwhelming following such a big move, but good stuff overall. The right guy won, because they can keep using Skyler freelance.

- Starr/J. Woods: 
Wow someone has a grudge.

Wait... so this guy gets to come in without winning a tournament? How'd he get to jump in line? Who's even booking ROH on-screen with Nigel gone?

- Cole promo:
Yeah dude just head to NXT already. Time to move on.

- Kazarian vs. Scurll:
Nice start. I like a feeling out process to sell that it's more than an excuse to do spots.

Kazarian could be a future ROH Champion. It wouldn't surprise me at all.

Nice work so far.

I'm liking seeing Frankie as a singles guy. He's putting in some serious effort.

Pretty fast-paced action here.

Both men are doing a lot here. They can definitely deliver.

Ha. I always like a good powder to the eyes spot.

This is pretty fun so far.

Nice chicken wing counter.

NICE interference by Page to protect Frankie in the loss. Kazarian can be a credible main eventer if they don't blow it.

- Post-match:
Wow, great timing there Daniels.

One thing I hate about ROH is instead of going for the natural Kazarian/Scurll rematch, they move the focus from everything that just happened for the random return of Sydal. As for Matt being back, he definitely fits in with what ROH likes to do. I don't think he's going to really go further anywhere else, so he might as well do flashy moves in ROH for the rest of his career. I hope he's got something different up his sleeve after about a year away.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment