Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 20, 2017

NXT and ROH Reax - 4/19/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.
-- NXT:
- Roode/Itami:
I love Bobby taking sole credit for selling out Takeover.


Ahhhhh. Roode separating NXT from pre-Bobby and post-Bobby. Genus.

Hahahahaha I LOVE the shots at the homage to Nakamura.

Roode's like "why are they focusing on this loser? I beat him TWICE!"

I hope Hideo doesn't go right back on the shelf.

That was pretty good! Itami's better as a man of action anyway.

- Bate/Gallagher:
Oh man, this is like a parody of ROH where everyone's super best friends just having competition!

- Drew/Almas:
Oh, man. That could be a pretty fun combination. Cien could use someone to bring out his potential.


- Almas vs. Burch:
I like Burch not falling for the mind games.

I'm liking this.

This is going well enough.

Fine match overall to give Cien some more experience.

- Women's division package:
I do wonder who will be able to stop Asuka. There will be some new faces in the weeks to come who might just have a shot.

Good stuff.

- Aliyah/Liv vs. Peyton/Billie:
Billie and Peyton make a really solid combination. I think they can do well for themselves on the main roster when it's time for them to move up.

I'm still not really feeling Liv. I guess they want a few people who fit the old mold of "Diva" to contrast with the indie names.

Aliyah's coming along well.

Fine match from the heels in particular.

That was OK enough.


- Dillinger vs. EY:
Oh yeah. This one means something to Tye.

WHY IS TYE TRYING TO WIN SO EARLY? I'm normally OK with that, but I'd think Tye would want to do some damage to EY and emerge triumphant instead of sneak out like that.

Good work so far.

EY can be a mean dude.

I'm liking this one so far.

GENIUS catapult spot. I loved it.

Tye's a pretty well-rounded guy. I hope he does pretty well for himself.

NICE powerbomb spot. That's how you have a blowoff match.

Good stuff.

I'm enjoying this. It feels like a pretty big match.

I liked Tye ALMOST having it won only for SAnitY to take it from him. That's the heel/babyface dynamic done well.

Wow this is really becoming quite the melee with eight people involved.

Tye's got a LOT to deal with all of SAnitY in play.

That was a pretty cool ending sequence. Well done.

-- ROH:
- Caprice vs. Sabin:
The Rebellion make for pretty good heels by (admittedly low) ROH standards. 

Sabin fights hard. Weird to think he's a former Impact World Champion, though.

Coleman's pretty solid here.

I wonder how/if they'll write Lio off.

That was pretty good overall. I like the match meaning more than just being two guys doing moves.

- RPG Vice vs. Cheeseburger/Ferrara:
And then there's this match with no heat behind it.


The action here is fine.

Ferrara is pretty much Indie Guy No. 45.

Not bad. Everyone's definitely working hard.

So, yeah. That happened.

- Post-match:
Blaaaahhhhhh. So many ROH people are just kind of... there.

- Explaining the eight-man tag:
FIRE RUSSO *clap, clap, clap clap clap.* Just a total mess.


- Silas/Page/White/Lethal vs. Colt/Lio/Hanson/Fish:
Golly gee look at this competition!!


Haha Silas and I feel similarly about this showcase.

Colt's at a whole 'nother level to most of these people.

This is fun enough for a crazy random combination.

I'm liking the combination of Silas and Page.

UUUGGHHHHHH I'd like Page as a heel SO much more if he ditched the shooting star from the apron. It's a really pretty move, but it hurts his credibility as the Hangman.

Fish is someone to watch out for.

Hahaha Colt helping out.

This is heating up pretty well.

Umm. Why wouldn't Page want to be in the title picture??

Not bad overall. Lethal vs. Daniels is legitimately a big match.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment