Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Raw Reax - 4/3/17

Read on for my take on last night's Raw.

- Saying goodbye to Taker:
Sounds like they're not 100% sure this is the end for Taker. I guess we'll see when there's an opportunity for a rematch or something big in New Orleans.

- Roman promo:
I love how in denial people were about Roman being over when he gets some of the biggest reactions in wrestling.

Hahahaha all these people chanting aren't going to change a thing. They'll still be around after WM34. Vince and Roman win because these guys will keep lining their pockets.

LOVED IT. I'm excited for Roman's future.


- Hardys vs. Club:
The Hardys had a really big weekend.

I'm glad the Club's title run was brief. They're a good team, but not an amazing team.

Fun stuff so far.

Fine work between two experienced teams.

Poor Karl and Luke got to be important for like a month before being pushed aside again.

I definitely wouldn't have called Matt and Jeff dong crazy spots in WWE in 2017. I figured they would have retired years ago after all that punishment.

I really hope the Club don't get the titles back just to be shocking or something.

And there we go! Who's next for the Hardys?

- Neville promo:
I'm glad Neville's great work wasn't totally cast aside in favor of Austin's push.


- Neville vs. Mustafa:
I really hope WWE doesn't have Neville lose right after that big win just to give the champion a challenger.

Neville's kind of a douche.

Ali's pretty spunky.

Good work from both men.

I'm glad we're seeing some decent time given for this match.

LOVED Neville not doing the Red Arrow. Great job for a heel move. I wish more heels would antagonize the crowd in that way.

- Vince arrives:
Ohhhhhhh shit. This is going to be big.


- Vince/Teddy/Angle:
Vince and Taker have been really close for years. The retirement's got to be hitting him hard.

Looks like the "draft" will be next week. That's good. I'm ready to see things switched around.

Stephanie deserves credit for taking that bump. I'm glad she finally put someone over.

Yeah, let's keep Stephanie off the air for a while.

HOLLA HOLLA HOLLA HOLLA HOLLA HOLLA HOLLA!!!!!!

That's a shame. I hope we do see Teddy back in some fashion at some point. Maybe as a manager for a TAG TEAM?

I can only imagine how Kurt will do. I expect it will set up Kurt vs. Brock at some point. Fine by me.

- New Day/Revival:
Big E has no chill. I half-expect a sly mention to Xavier's extracurricular activities.

AWWWWWWW maaaaaannnn. Welcome to the main roster, guys!

- Xavier/Big E vs. Revival:
God I'm so glad they're finally promoted. Can't wait for Revival vs. the Hardys.

Woods isn't bad at all.

Fun work so far. Very, very glad to see Dash and Dawson on a bigger stage.

Nice work from the Revival. I'd LOVE for them to get Cornette in their corner.

Really good stuff from Big E, too. I hope he's got a big future ahead of him.

I love a good tag match.

Ahhhhhh they've arrived with a win.

- Post-match:
Top guys already making moves!!


- Angle/Enzo/Cass:
I'm just as glad to see Kurt in segments like this as I will be to see him in the ring. ESPECIALLY because it's not Stephanie vs. Foley. For God's sake that went on FOREVER.


I also wonder how the Hardys got involved at Mania. Who made that call???

God that was great.

- Bayley/Sasha/Dana vs. Nia/Charlotte/Emma:
Also pretty glad to see Evil Emma back.


Glad to see BOTH Emma and Dana in action instead of the same old names (who are great, but a little stale at this point).

Emma's got a mean streak!!

Fun work so far.

I'm kind of liking the team of Charlotte and Nia.

OH MAN Emma using that ponytail. That's just evil.

This is pretty good! Much better than years back.

Cool to see Wasteland from Dana.

I'm enjoying this a good deal!

Fine match! I'm very curious who will challenge the champ next.

- Post-match:
Yeah, Charlotte. That probably wasn't too wise.


Nia vs. Charlotte could be pretty fun.

- Angle/Sami/Jinder:
Zayn better hope wherever he ends up uses him well. I'd like to see him switch shows. Smackdown will need some depth and we can get a break from his feud with Owens.

That was good enough to set something else up for later.

- Brock/Heyman/Braun:
Paul and Brock are happy to finally have gotten rid of Goldberg.


Heyman's a lot of fun.

Goldberg vs. Brock was a lot of fun. I know it wasn't Will Ospreay vs. Ricochet (thank goodness), but it was what it needed to be.

Hmmmm.... interesting. Is that the end of Goldberg? Shouldn't he get a rematch for the title?

Funny since Brock destroyed the Hardys when he first debuted.

No way are they going to do Brock vs. Roman this soon, right?

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH. Talk about someone who can stand up to Brock.

I'm all for Braun continuing to get a push. As much as I love Taker, I think I would have wanted him involved in something else so we got another round of Roman/Braun at Mania.

- Y2J/Owens/Joe/Rollins/Kurt:
Fun stuff. Jericho continues to amaze with being entertaining all these years after his career started.


Oh man, Jericho. You messed with the wrong guy at Fast Lane.

Ohhhhh. I think I know who will replace Chris in the main event!

- Sheamus/Cesaro vs. Enzo/Cass:
Fine work to start.

I think Cesaro and Sheamus teaming up is the best thing to happen to either for years. They've really grown together well.

I like Cass using Enzo as a weapon.

Ugggghhhhhhh. I could never see Cesaro's signature moves again and be OK.

OH SHIT now THAT is a finisher. Sheamus/Cesaro vs. the Hardys should be a lot of fun.

- Mahal vs. Zayn:
Man. Jinder's trying to make his mark with Rusev on the shelf.

I really hope Sami gets new life on Smackdown. This is getting old.

Fun enough.

- Owens/Joe vs. Rollins/Balor:
Man look at THIS lineup headlining Raw!

Fine work so far. Also, Rollins being back in the ring so soon is unreal!
 
I've missed Balor in the ring.

Seth probably tries a little too hard with all the big dives, to the risk of his own health.

The heels working the injured guy over. Good enough.

I'm liking the work on the knee.

Oh man. They're doing a lot to Seth here.

Great to see Finn firing on all cylinders.

This is pretty fun.

That was pretty great! I hope Seth didn't rush back to action.

- Post-match:
Big ending for the night after Mania. Look who got the spotlight over Goldberg, Brock, HHH, Stephanie, Angle, Jericho, or Taker.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment