Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Smackdown and 205 Live Reax - 4/4/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown and 205 Live.

-- Smackdown:
- Mauro absent:
I really hope he's OK. Keep your positive thoughts with him.

- Orton/Bray/Rowan/Harper:
That was a pretty cool spectacle at Mania.

I'm glad Bray's not taking this lying down. After waiting so long to be champion!!

I hope Bray has a cool gimmick match set up.

Well that should be interesting.

Randy might not know what he's in for. Couldn't Bray make him work the match with handcuffs on or something?

Look who's back!!

Harper and Rowan are right back in the mix for the WWE Title. I hope people complaining Luke wasn't in the match at Mania are taking note.

Where's Teddy Long when you need him?

- Miz/Maryse:
Hahaha Maryse taking credit for the engagement.

Ooooh could the It Couple be headed to Raw soon?

- Naomi vs. Alexa:
I'm liking the action so far.

Alexa's impressive for someone still relatively new to wrestling.

I liked Naomi not being able to capitalize on Rear View.

I wasn't as crazy about Naomi trying the split legged moonsault after just selling the knee.

Alexa's MEAN.

Good ending. I hope we see Tamina pop up soon.

- Hawkins/Tye:
Is Curt going to be drafted to Main Event??

Pretty funny. Glad Tye's getting a chance at a bigger stage, although I'm sure the fans calling for him to be pushed will turn on him now that he's here.

- Hawkins vs. Dillinger:
I hope Tye does OK for himself.

Good enough showcase. I hope people keep their expectations realistic. If they expect Tye to be IC Champion within three months, I think they'll be disappointed.

- Mojo promo:
I'm still surprised at this one. Wow. You see how much getting press outside of the wrestling world means to WWE.

Hey, I'm proud of Mojo and hope he makes the most of that win.

- Miz/Maryse/Shinsuke:
This is called "getting your heat back."

Pretty fun stuff.

Hahahahhaah I love the Robo-Cena stuff.

Oh yeah. Both of them are going to take time off.

Big get for Smackdown! I'm glad to see Nakamura here.

- Ambrose vs. Corbin:
This is pretty fun.

Dean's in his element here.

I love a crazy brawl.

Corbin's doing pretty well for himself in WWE so far.

This is a damn FIGHT. Good stuff.

OH SHIT. Taking a thrown chair is INSANE.

That was pretty cool! I hope we see a little more from these two.

- Shane/AJ:
Oh come on Shane. You lost at Mania and took an ass-kicking in the process. Why are you dancing around?

The shakeup should be interesting. I'm looking forward to it.

Umm why wouldn't AJ want to leave the show with Shane and Bryan in charge? He could end up working with Finn and the Club again!

That was interesting. I do see how Shane earned AJ's respect for that showing. I expect more from Shane in the ring with Taker and probably Goldberg being done.

- Aries promo:
I'm surprised Austin didn't get the win at Mania. Maybe at the next PPV.

- Orton/Harper vs. Bray/Rowan:
I'm liking Harper being able to grow on his own for a while.

Man. Luke has no love for his former brother.

Good work so far.

Rowan's more mobile than I remember. He's stepped his game up.

Bray should have pulled that trick at Mania if he could have kept the title!

Not bad at all!
 
-- 205 Live: 
- Kendrick promo:
As much as I'm liking this angle, I'm ready for something new. Where's Tajiri???

- Tozawa vs. Kendrick:
I like the mind games.

Fun stuff so far, but I hope this is their last match for a while.

Hahaha Kendrick's such a heel.

Solid work from both men. Brian's something of the teacher here for the WWE rookie.

I hope that wasn't ended quickly due to injury.

- Post-match:
I hope they take a few weeks off from this.

- Oney arrives:
Oh, yeah. He's perfect for this environment. He'll do more here than he is in NXT.

- Swann vs. Lorcan:
Oney has a lot of fight in him.

I'm fine with this so far.

There's a clear contrast between their styles. That's good to see. Flips vs. flips gets old REAL fast.

This is fun.

WOW. Swann's quite agile.

Yeah, he's going a LITTLE heavy on the European uppercuts.

Man, Swann is unreal.

- Swann promo:
Whoa. What does Cedric think about all this? Also, Alicia's quite the popular part of this show.

- Mustafa/Gulak:
Good little angle they've got going on here.

Interesting....

- UK show hype:
These guys are in kind of an awkward place as the UK brand still comes together. I think the WoS project really caught WWE by surprise.

- Neville promo:
I'm glad he's still champ after this career rejuvenation.

Man, Neville letting the unbelievers have it.

That had to be Neville's biggest match ever, right? Yes, it was on a Kickoff show, but it was still a really big stage.

This is good. What a jerk.

I hope they build Neville pretty well after so many title changes early on.

- Aries vs. TJP vs. Gallagher vs. Mustafa:
I kind of wish this was an elimination match.

Wow. Impressive spot by Perkins.

Lots of action going on here.

Umm, Aries, you've got a match to win there buddy.

They're doing some pretty awesome moves.

Solid enough work.

Hard to win via submission in a multiple-person match.

I liked Mustafa trying to pin everyone instead of just going for another cool flip.

That was one of the craziest Tower of Doom spots I've ever seen.

Aries is a former world champion in two champions for a reason. He's good.

I like what Jack brings to the table, but I wonder if he should be worrying about his umbrella at a time like this.

This is quite the match!

Gallagher's pretty fun.

Solid match with an amusing ending.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment