Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 9, 2017

Main Event Reax - 4/8/17, Interviews with Molly/Kane, Mauro updates, AAA exec passes, Coach no longer covering WWE, and Questions on outside entertainers being paid, JBL's response to Justin Roberts, Sasha's future, piracy, and Cornette signing a WWE deal

-- Main Event:
- Tozawa vs. Gulak:
Fun work early. I like the whole chess aspect of a good wrestling match. It's a shame prominent wrestling journalists care more about impressive highspots than psychology... it's having a negative effect on the business.

Funny counter to the suicide dive, but it will probably cost them at least one star in the rating!

I liked Tozawa changing his gameplan and going to his lethal chops when the dive didn't work out for him.

This is nice! They have a good contrast going on. But if Gulak wants a **** match, he needs to try to outflip Tozawa. There's too much selling to get anything above ***.

Gulak's got a really good foundation, which is a lost art in a lot of matches.

Good ending and nice work overall.

- Axel vs. Titus:
Good start. This is a physical contest.

Ha. I miss that dog bark!!

I'm liking this action. It's straightforward, but effective.

They're telling a better story than that international tag match at SCOH XI. I mean, really? How did that get ****?

I wish these matches got more press. These wrestlers are important, too. Someone's got to work this spot on the card. Not everyone can be pushed and go for titles...

That was good enough, I think.

Molly Holly talked about her new wrestling school and more:
- I hope she's in the WWE Hall of Fame at some point. 

- Sounds like this wrestling school could be a good alternative for those who aren't near Florida.

Kane talked in the Middle East:
- I love him wearing the mask and hair with a T-shirt, like this is The Demon's casual wear.

- Kane's part of Smackdown, but it would make sense for him to work with Roman. I have my doubts about him getting back in the ring, though. He might want to make a clean break from his wrestling life in order to show he's a serious candidate for mayor.

- I think we'll see more Middle Eastern stars in the years to come, and more international stars in general.

Mauro Ranallo remains under contract to WWE until August. It's worth noting WWE releasing him for a documented mental condition would open them up for a lawsuit.

- Mauro will not be returning to work with WWE. That's really, really unfortunate and I hope it's a big wake up call for the company.

AAA General Director Lic. Joaquin Roldan has passed away. He had spent more than 20 years at the company. I wish his family, friends, and fans well, and hope AAA will be able to rebound after this loss.

Jonathan Coachman is no longer covering WWE at ESPN. That's pretty bizarre considering how much the two sides had worked together. Coach was just bragging about the ratings for the WWE segments, too. I have a feeling we'll be hearing more about this.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the people taking bumps that night are upset those names made more money than they did and their time might have been cut short for the concert. I can't say I blame them!

2. JBL might have the flimsy excuse of "well I didn't personally steal it!" if he got someone else to do it. He'd be a natural politician, and I wouldn't think that history of unprofessional conduct would hurt him with the FOX/Trump audience if he did run!

3. I definitely expect either Charlotte or Sasha to switch sides to put a halt on their seemingly never-ending feud. Sasha should be fine as far as being an important player on either brand going forward.

4. Another example of why piracy ultimately hurts the business...

5. I'm not aware of any movement on that regard, as much as I'd like to see it. Imagine him managing The Revival!!

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment