Total Pageviews

Friday, April 21, 2017

Impact Wrestling Reax - 4/20/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

- Remembering Matt Anoa'i:
I'm always touched when wrestling companies honor people who have passed despite the talent in question never working for them.

- Lashley/Storm video:
These things are pretty good to hype matches and what they mean. Storm could have a big night tonight.

- Ortiz/Santana vs. Coleman/Holmes:
OK, I can't be the only one who thinks it's funny the Latino team is facing someone named Holmes.

This isn't bad. It's just a LOT of moves all at once.

Fine enough to show the new LAX means business.

- LAX/Decay:
BBBBRRRRAAAAAATTTT. I'm glad to see these names back.

Fine enough action here.

I'm OK with this feud. I just hope Decay doesn't go the way of DCC.

- Karen/Dutt/Everett/Helms/Lee/Prichard:
Wow. Kind of an impromptu end for GFW. So much for it being its own thing. I kind of liked the idea of it being a feeder system for Impact. 

Sonjay had offers from WWE and ROH, so it's meaningful that he's here.

Wow. Sonjay trying to pull a John Cena.

I have a feeling Everett's push is going to be tossed aside in favor of the returning guy.

OOOOOHHHHHH big shot by Helms.

MAN how many authority figures do we really need?

Wow, what a clustermess for the X-Division Title. I guess that's fitting, though.

We'll see what happens with the X-Division belt.

- Mayweather promo:
I liked Crimson a lot and wish he would have ended up in NXT. I hope he's rebounded from the arrest some time back. He's got a chance to rebuild after that promo.

- Rosemary vs. ODB:
I REALLY hope ODB doesn't win the title here.

I do like ODB taking this seriously instead of all the silly BAM stuff.

This is pretty rough. Definitely more of a brawl than a technical classic. I'm OK with that, though.

VERY glad the Bronco Buster backfired.

Rosemary made a good showing there. They picked the right person to win.

- Swoggle backstage:
OH GODDAMNIT NOOOOOOO. We got enough of him in WWE.

- Prichard/Karen/Sienna:
We could be in for some interesting surprises in that match. Maybe someone(s) from AAA?

I can't blame them at all for using all the GFW names to bolster the roster if it's not going to be a separate thing.

- Kongo vs. Silvio:
I'm liking seeing more hosses in wrestling lately. They've been missing to some degree.

That wasn't bad!

- Storm promo:
Talk about someone who deserves another World Title run. He's been a soldier for Impact for some time.

- Alberto promo:
I'm sure not being booked on this show won't stop Alberto from getting in a fight with someone somewhere, in the ring or otherwise.

- Magnus interview:
I assume they'll combine the GFW and Impact titles. They should anyway.

- Lashley vs. Storm:
NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO JOSH IS BACK.

I mean, I love a genuine heat-getting heel in 2017 as much as anyone, but Lashley vs. Storm should be a big deal without Josh involved.

Wow they're just going to have everyone get involved in this one, huh?

Poor Storm is kind of an afterthought here.

This is pretty fun so far.

I wouldn't mind a build to King of the Mountain returning at Slammiversary.

Storm's working hard here.

I'm liking this a lot when it focuses on the two people in the ring.

That chair to the face spot always looks BRUTAL.

Storm just might have slayed the beast there.

I'm definitely seeing the old Jarrett/Mantell playbook with all the shenanigans in a wWorld Title match. That's not necessarily a bad thing.

That's why alcohol is dangerous.

Pretty fun.

- Mantell interview:
How do these people even get in the match? Are there that many wrestlers hanging out in Orlando at any given time?

- Adonis/Moose:
Oooooh. That could be a good feud.

- Moose/Adonis/Davey:
Kind of a random accusation from Adonis, who's now suddenly a heel.

Didn't see that one coming. Why are Adonis and Davey on the same page anyway? Impact's throwing a lot of stuff at us at once.

- Low Ki returns:
WWWHHHHHOOOOOOOAAAAA. That's a big surprise. The Jarrett regime really can reach out to pretty much anyone, huh? 

- Lee vs. Dutt vs. Suicide vs. Everett vs. Dezmond vs. Low Ki:
This is wild right out of the gate.

Oh, God, really? Dumb dropkick spot. Synchronized spots aren't my thing.

I do like seeing some Lee/Everett action here.

Umm why is Trevor taking this lightly? He has FIVE CHALLENGERS!!!

This is just CRAZY. Moves everywhere.

It's going to be weird if Low Ki jobs here.

It's novel to have the MOVES match headline. I wonder if that will draw an audience or not.

Low Ki's still got it! Not that I'm surprised. He's one hell of a talent.

- Announcers feud:
I wonder what the end game is here, if it wasn't that. Borash vs. Mathews would be bowling shoe ugly, but it could be a hit.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment