Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 30, 2018

NXT and ROH Reax - 8/29/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.
-- NXT:
- Investigation:
I hope there's a good payoff for this.

- Gargano/Regal/Dream:
Man, Johnny has had it ROUGH.

Could he be pulling a Kevin Owens and quitting?

I like this. It stands out from the usual "I'm here to win matches and titles because I love pro wrestling."

This could really be an interesting turn. It would definitely make sense for Johnny to take Aleister out.

I like this setup for a future match.

Dream could get an important win there.

- Dakota vs. Aliyah:
This is fine so far.

Aliyah's pretty cocky for someone with her win/loss record.

Not bad to give Kai a win.

- Regal/Sons:
Nice to see the Sons FINALLY get on NXT TV.

I'm ready for that opportunity.

- Lars/EC3:
Oh how I've missed Lars!!

- Regal/Nikki/Belair:
Being in charge of a wrestling show is one crazy job sometimes.

Fine enough to set up an intriguing match.

- Raul/Lars:
Sullivan's already back on the map. I'm glad.

Ahhhhhhhh so much fun. All Hail King Lars.

- Ciampa promo:
Ciampa is really becoming an important player. I hope he can be successful post-NXT.

I'm excited for what's next.

- Lee vs. Menzies:
Keith's athleticism is awesome.

I like Menzies so far.

Nice televised killing.

- UE promo:
I love the Freebird Rule.

- Cole/Strong vs. Ricochet/Dunne:
Solid work so far.

Everyone here is good in different ways.

I love the UE teamwork.

Great hot work from Dunne.

Dunne is really, really good.

It's crazy to see Dunne work like this, but I'm not complaining.

Uh oh. You messed up now Ric.

Good match.

- Post-match:

Ooooohhhh boy we're in for a fun road to WarGames.

-- ROH:
- Daniels vs. J. Briscoe:
I like the start here.

This is pretty solid.

Wow. That wasn't very sportsmanlike.

- Post-match:
Fine to move things forward.

- Flip vs. Silas:
I like both men going to their signature style.

Silas' style is refreshing with so many high-flyers in the business.

Flip is way too good to not be on All In!!

This is pretty smooth.

I'm liking how these two work together.

NICE!

- Post-match:
Oh... Oh. I feel like we got a decent break from his shenanigans.

Hmmm....

- Scurll promo:They're running the risk of doing this match to death, but these two always work together well.

- King promo:
Interesting change of direction.

- Kingdom vs. Cody/Bucks:
I already like the action here.

Awesome teamwork.

Both teams look like credible sets of champions!

There's really nice action here.

Lots of high impact spots and drama.

Haha everyone's getting in on the action.

I love all the close call finishes.

That was badass! Great work from everyone.

- Post-match:
Well there's your setup for a rematch!

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment