Total Pageviews

Monday, August 20, 2018

Summerslam Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw and Smackdown Live brand WWE Network special event.
-- Kickoff:
- Rusev/Lana vs. Andrade/Zelina:
I'm glad they're not starting with Lana and Zelina.

Good work between the two men.

Lana brought this one down.

- Cedric vs. Gulak:
I like how these two work together.

Gulak has a game plan here. I like it.

I like Cedric a lot more than I used to.

NICE counter to the springboard.

That was pretty good!

- B-Team vs. Revival:Wow. The champs are already in trouble.

Good to see these two teams do something of note.

Kind of a mess at the end. Overall an OK title match.

-- Summerslam:
- Ziggler vs. Rollins:
Just a matter of time before Dean and/or Drew get involved.

Weird these two went from the main event to the first match.

These two work together really well.

Both men look like credible champions here.

They keep delivering!

I love all the counters here.

NICE! I expected Dolph's reign to continue.

- Bellas interview:
Oh... oh. Can't say I've missed these two.

Oh no they're going to feud with Ronda.

- B. Bros vs. Big E/Xavier:
I can't believe a team would willingly try to get in a match with the Bludgeon Brothers.

Good work so far.

Some really solid action here.

New Day keep getting better in the ring.

Pretty big showing for New Day.

Mallet match next month??

- Braun vs. Owens:Kevin might not make it to that next Shania concert.

Heck, Kevin might be joining Zayn on the injured list.

- Carmella vs. Charlotte vs. Becky:
Not a bad start.

Becky and Charlotte are really smooth.

Carmella's just out for survival here.

This is heating up pretty well.

I like how they're putting things together.

Some pretty believable false finishes here.

Ahhhh. I was hoping either Carmella or Becky would win. I like Charlotte, but this isn't as interesting as other options.

- Post-match:
Hahaha they're really going to try Becky as the heel here? Fans love her.

- AJ vs. Joe:AJ and Joe for the WWE Title is in the middle of the show. If that doesn't tell you what Vince thinks of them as main eventers, I don't know what would.

As intense as this feud has been, this is a pretty safe start.

I like Joe being the big beast.

Solid work here.

Joe can beat someone down, tap someone else, AND fly around a bit.

I'm enjoying this.

Oh no. Another knee injury?

I like the story here.

This is going pretty well.

This feels like a big time fight.

Well Joe you blew your chance by not going for the Muscle Buster.

Maybe save taunting for AFTER the match?

NICE. AJ looks like an animal here.

- Post-match:
This was good.

- Elias concert:
Hahaha.

- Miz/B-Team:Pretty funny.

How many people has Miz taken under her wing at this point, only for them to resent it?

- Bryan vs. Miz:
I love this dynamic.

The heel/face work in this feud has been incredible, and it continues here.

Miz is lasting longer than I expected.

Miz is underrated.

I'm loving this. It has real fire to it.

They're making the wait worth it.

Bryan's giving it to him.

This has really good drama.

I'm loving this story.

I'm glad they're letting Miz show what he can do.

Awesome submissions and counters.

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! The A-Lister prevails!

- Finn vs. Corbin:
Wait, really? This doesn't feel like a big enough feud to see The Demon.

Goddamn Demon Balor is OP.

Corbin BTFO. Big Cass didn't get destroyed that badly.

- Bryan/Brie:I'm excited for the future of this feud. At least this story has been booked well.

- Shinsuke vs. Hardy:
Well this is weird.

Fine work so far.

DUDE REALLY??? If you can't win with a Twist of Fate and Swanton, something's wrong.

Wow. That's a lot of finishers to survive.

I'm surprised at how they booked that one. I would have put money on an Orton run-in.

- Post-match:
Odd segment all around.

- Alexa vs. Ronda:
Alexa and Ronda vs. the Bellas would work for me.

Bliss doesn't want any of this.

Hahahahaah Alexa trying to get Ronda to submit.

Oh God Ronda's killing her.

That was big.

- Post-match:
How could they celebrate such cruelty to Alexa???

- Braun promo:
Well he's not wasting any time, huh?

- Brock vs. Roman:
Looks like they're going for the Roman/Goldberg route of just big move after big move.

I like this.

Haha Braun should have waited until the match actually ended.

Hahahaha I love Brock.

Oh. Well. That was kind of sudden.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment