Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Raw Reax - 8/20/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
- Roman/Finn/Corbin/Angle:
A new era is finally upon us!

Wow. That's one way to establish Roman as a fighting champion.

Wow that's a really dumb reason from Corbin.

Ssssoooo… Corbin run-in later?

- Lashley vs. Corbin:
I'm glad Bobby isn't having issues beating Baron.

Corbin's not bad, but he's not someone to focus on.

I liked the chokebreaker spot.

I hope we see Lashley/Reigns again for the title.

- Angle/Heyman:
Heyman should sue for Brock's rematch.

- Angle/Corbin:
Uuuugggggghhhhhhhh. I'm ready for whatever this is leading to.

- Ember/Bayley/Sasha vs. Squad:
This should be an easy win for the faces.

I agree with the criticism that so many WWE TV matches just kind of fill time.

Things are much better with Ruby back. Good match.

- HHH promo:
Huh. Interesting. I'm glad they're acknowledging they already ended things between Triple H and Taker.

I'm curious how much of a feud this will really be. It's coming across as just wanting to relive glory days.

- Ambrose vs. Ziggler:
It's fresh to see Ambrose in action.

I like the story between these two sides.

I'm not a massive Ziggler fan, but I was kind of hoping for his reign to continue.

This is pretty fun.

Nice work!

- Braun/Finn:
After the last cash-in attempt went, I think I'd hold off a bit.

- Elias/Hawkins:Funny that people say you can't get over by losing when Curt has done exactly that.

Eh.

- Elias vs. Hawkins:
Ahhh this could have been the night!

Not bad to give Elias something to do.

- TWW backstage:
Interesting.... I wonder what Dana's doing at Evolution. At least she'll be booked for once.

- Authors vs. Apollo/Titus:
Nice to see the Authors on a tear again.

I like this so far.

Not bad to continue the Authors' build.

- Women's segment:I mean how many times does Ronda have to break Stephanie's arm before she gets the message?

What a shoot with Stephanie thinking every women's related chant is a credit to her.

I like Ronda putting over the other names.

I do wonder what the heck Stephanie's going to do to get the title off Ronda. Ronda vs. Shayna works for me down the line.

Bleh. Hopefully this goes somewhere interesting.

- Dallas promo:
I'm pleasantly surprised with The B-Team's growth.

- Bo vs. Dawson:
Fine work.

Not a bad match.

- Axel vs. Wilder:
I like this so far.

Wowwww. I guess that did put The Revival back in contention.

- Roman interview:
They have two opportunities for a new champion here. Of course, Raw has a bigger audience than any PPV.

- Stephanie/Corbin/Angle:
NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT GETS WORSE!!!!!!

- Roman vs. Finn:
So why was the demon out at Summerslam but not Raw?

This is good early.

I like how these two work together.

It's nice to see Balor as a top player again.

I love Roman's power.

There's some really solid back-and-forth here.

Ahhhhh I'm surprised Roman won clean. Nice showing from Balor.

- Post-match:
The Universal Champion Roman Reigns, the Intercontinental Champion Seth Rollins, and Dean Ambrose... yeah, awkward.

I'm not sure which side I'm supposed to cheer here. I like all involved. It could be a pretty fun feud.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment