Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Smackdown Live and 205 Live Reax - 8/28/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown Live and 205 Live.
-- SDL:
- New Day/Booker:
NICE! I love when New Day just suggests fun things and WWE runs with them.

Pretty fun work.

Wow. I didn't think Booker was going to do that move again due to his neck issues, but I guess this is a really special occasion.

I enjoyed this.

- Bar vs. G. Bros vs. Colons:
The Colons are back on TV after all this time and they don't even get re-introduced. That should tell you where they are on the ladder.

I like the Bar/Good Brothers clash. 

This would be a good chance to establish the Colons as contenders. They could surprise everyone!

Well, Primo and Epico are definitely trying to get back into the hunt.

I'm liking the big man action here.

Pretty solid. I REALLY hope we see The Bar vs. SAnitY. That could be great.

- Jeff/Orton:
I've enjoyed this feud and the mind games involved.

I'm very interested in this "ending your career" angle given all of Jeff's bumps.

Should be a good match! If they want to write Jeff off, a crazy HIAC bump will do the trick. And you know Jeff will be good for it.

- Carmella/Truth/Tye:
Haha I like her thinking Evolution is about her. I wish she was still champion going into that show.

I'm not at all against a wacky Tye/Truth team. 

- IIconics promo:
I kind of want to see The IIconics vs. The Riott Squad vs. Absolution at Evolution, but there's some serious inexperience there.

- Naomi vs. Billie:
Ouch. Long hair isn't advised in a wrestling ring.

Eeeehhhhh. The tires keep spinning. I wouldn't mind an Ember/Naomi trade, although I don't see either of them in title contention anytime soon.

- Bryan/Brie/Andrade/Zelina:
I like the direction this is going. Certainly Brie and Maryse won't add much as in-ring technicians, but things could be more interesting with them involved.

I like this being used to get Almas on a higher plateau. Don't fans always say the former WWE Champions should make way for the NXT workers?

I like this idea!

So Paige couldn't have made the match backstage??

- Bryan vs. Almas:
HAHAHAHAHAHA I liked the tranquilo counter. This is already solid.

I love the counter-wrestling here.

There's good physicality here.

This is really good already.

These two work together well.

Wow, Bryan's willing to take them both on.

This is awesome! I like how it's all fitting together!

Pretty good work from everyone.

- Post-match:
YYYYYYEEEEESSSSSSSSS I love this version of Miz. 

- Charlotte promo:
Yep. Totally the heel here. She comes across as entitled.

- AJ/Joe:
Man, AJ really needs to hire some private security!

Hahaha I love this.

- Charlotte vs. Carmella:
Carmella's working hard. Glad to see it.

This is starting off well.

They've put this together well.

Carmella's really putting in effort.

Nice ending sequence.

- Post-match:
Hahaha. It's tough to sympathize with a successful blond second-generation star who gets title shots and victories left and right.

I'm ready for Becky to take the title.

-- 205 Live:
- Kendrick/Gallagher promo:
Another "spinning their tires" situation.

- Kendrick vs. Tozawa:
I like Akira willing to smash them both.

Nice work here.

Tozawa is smooth.

Akira's doing his best against the two-on-one situation.

I really like Akira's focus.

Nice work!

- Nese/Murphy:
I look forward to the match.

- Itami squash:
Ahhhhh good times.

Itami's killing him.

He was going to keep on going until someone made him stop!

Ha. Fun enough.

- Cedric promo:
Works for me!

- Murphy vs. Kalisto:
It's refreshing seeing Murphy the powerhouse here.

Simple but effective story here.

Kalisto's game if he can get away from Murphy's strength.

I like everyone getting involved.

This is good.

NICE big suplex on the outside.

I like this coming down to a one-on-one situation.

Kalisto trying to win with a sleeper was weird.

These two go hard in their respective styles.

This is NICE. They work together well.

I'm LOVING Murphy the beast.

Never-say-die babyface vs. monstrous heel is always sun.

OH MY GOD that powerbomb spot.

That was a lot of fun! PPV worthy, honestly.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment