Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Raw Reax - 8/6/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
- Angle/Corbin/Roman:
The sooner we get through the absentee champion thing, the better. It's run its course.

I'd be fine with Angle beating Corbin at, say, Super Show-Down.

It's like we always have to be reminded of Stephanie's position in WWE.

Well Baron walked right into that one.

- Reigns vs. Corbin:
This is going to be fairly slow paced...

I don't dislike Corbin getting to run with THE BIG DOG.

They're giving Corbin a lot here.

If Roman has this much trouble beating Baron, how's he going to beat Brock? Wait... IS he going to beat Brock?

- Post-match:
I hope Finn has something more interesting coming up.

- Angle/Seth:
Ahhh it looks like there's our tease for Dean returning.

- Mojo vs. Roode:
If Rawley wins, we riot.

Fine so far.

Roode's definitely leading this. Raw has really screwed up with so many faces more credible than the heels.

Phew. I was worried Mojo would take that one.

- Elias/Lashley:
Elias is spinning his tires.

Lashley's momentum has pretty much halted. Again, with so many talented faces fighting for so few spots, guys like Balor, Roode, Lashley are stuck with undercard goofs.

OK that was mostly fun.

- Seth/Breeze/Roman:
I miss the Fashion Files.

THE BIG DOG. WHAT A GUY!!

- Rezar vs. Titus:
It's not a good sign that Titus and Apollo stand a chance against the Authors. I like them, but the Authors need to look like beasts.

Phewww….. rough booking.

- Owens/Jinder/Braun:
Oh yay a talk show.

Owens is actually making this fun.

I guess Kevin and Jinder are going to be a thing now.

Fine enough.

- Braun vs. Jinder:
This is definitely a sports entertainment show this week.

They're limping to Summerslam with some of these angles.

- Corbin/Angle:
Stephanie has taken over her husband's "look strong at any cost" mentality.

- Reigns video:
Roman's going to look weak if he can't get the job done at Summerslam. They're cutting off their nose to spite their face.

- Angle/Corbin/Seth/Roman:
So why not just have Corbin make the decisions if she can't trust Angle?

It definitely feels like they're setting up an Ambrose return.

- Drew/Dolph vs. Seth:
I like Seth's moxie.

This hasn't been a good night, action-wise.

Everyone's fighting hard now.

Solid once it got going. I'm glad they weren't fed to THE BIG DOG.

- B-Team vs. Revival:
I like this so far.

Hahahahaha WHAT??

I see now how they've cleverly limited Matt.

- Heyman interview:
Heyman is bar none one of the best performers in wrestling.

This is really good stuff.

Heyman turning on Brock would be interesting, but I doubt it would get people behind Roman.

- Bayley/Sasha vs. Liv/Logan:
The lack of credible heels extends to the women as well.

Solid work from the faces.

RUBY!!!!!! I've missed her.

Not bad overall.

- Bliss/Alicia/Ronda/Natalya:
The Alexa division featuring Alicia Fox....

Looks like they're stalling for time here.

Haha I like the idea of Alicia paving the way for Evolution.

- Ronda vs. Alicia:
I'm glad Alicia's not able to dominate Ronda.

Good quick work.

- Post-match:
I hope Alexa has a backup plan...

- Set for next week:
Interesting that's not set for Summerslam. 

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment