Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Raw Reax - 8/13/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
- Ronda/Alexa:
My heart is really with Natalya right now. This has got to be hard for her.

Ahhh vintage Bliss.

Being a Goddess has its perks!

- Alexa vs. Ember:
I love Bliss' heel tactics.

I love Ronda getting to run wild after she had to treat Alicia as a threat.

I'm glad Ember's getting to shine.

These two work together well.

This is nice!

I like this being a big battle.

Heck, Ember might be in line for a title shot herself.

- Post-match:
Alexa is so in for it at Summerslam.

- Corbin/Angle/Drew/Dolph:
I guess I prefer Corbin/Angle to Stephanie/Angle.

- Corbin vs. Breeze:
Hey at least Tyler's getting a match on Raw!

Breeze tried hard. Corbin absolutely gets by on less effort than other wrestlers because of his look and style. In other words, he could be world champion by this time next year.

- Post-match:
I wonder if we'll see Team Angle vs. Team Corbin at Survivor Series or something as the blowoff to this.

- Braun/Finn vs. Owens/Mahal:
It's crazy to think Braun's the one man here who hasn't been world champion.

Things are getting formulaic in the Braun/Owens angle.

This is picking up well.

Nice to see Takeover get an ad.

Fun work.

- Post-match:
They're building Corbin well.

- Angle/Dolph/Drew:
You'd think Stephanie would be available via phone on the show she's in charge of. And Seth being late for work is hardly a positive quality!

- Ricky/Elias/Lashley:
Elias is clearly an inspiration!

Oh yeah this guy can definitely beat Lashley.

This is OK, but hardly the best use of Lashley.

I'm all for Lashley turning heel if this is the best they've got for him.

- B-Team backstage:
I'm glad these two are on a roll. I was worried they'd be squashed by the Deleters.

- B-Team vs. Deleters vs. Revival:
This is tailor made for Summerslam (the Kickoff show, at least).

NICE homage to Neidhart.

Mostly fun work here.

Matt's still taking serious bumps.

Pretty fun.

- Reigns/Heyman:We're sick of it, too, Roman.

UFC is getting free hype from WWE here. Not sure that's a great idea.

Ooohhh. Interesting idea.

Well at least they're addressing the ending people are expecting, with Heyman turning on Brock.

Heyman post-Summerslam will be interesting to follow.

I love Heyman's history lessons.

HOLY SHIT Heyman pulled one over on me there.

That was really good. 

- Authors/Mojo vs. Titus/Apollo/Roode:The Authors teaming with Mojo would have been absurd months back.

Meh. 

- Anvil tribute:Glad we got one of those. 

- Kickoff matches set:
Absolutely the right move. I love Cedric and Gulak, but the Network-exclusive brand being on the Network-exclusive Kickoff is the right move.

- Sasha vs. Ruby:I like this so far.

Ahh I've missed Riott's work.

I like Ruby's strategy here.

Not bad at all.

- Angle/Corbin:
Did Seth get lost???

- Contract signing:
They're really forcing the pro-Roman/anti-Brock dynamic. I'd much rather see Angle vs. Brock again.

Talk about stretching things out.

Man, Angle can't get Seth to show up either?

Heck, put Angle in as his replacement.

I like the heel mic work now.

YES I'm glad they acknowledged how fickle fans are.

Finally Dolph has enough of trying to be the beachballers' favorite.

God it took him long enough.

Well that's cool. Ambrose has been working out and training, so hopefully he's motivated to do something good.

More wrestling coming up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment