Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Smackdown Live and 205 Live Reax - 8/14/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's SDL and 205 Live.
-- SDL:
- Charlotte/Becky/Carmella/Paige:
Carmella's reign has been fresh. She's an antagonist who can actually be booed.

I like Carmella driving a wedge.

Oooohhhh interesting shot at the Diva moniker.

- Charlotte/Becky vs. Mandy/Sonya:
I was really hoping Mandy and Sonya would get a new leader for Absolution.

Good showcase of the faces.

Sonya and Mandy are such a weird combination.

Absolution make a solid duo, but Charlotte and Becky are at a higher level.

I liked that ending.

- Miz/Maryse:
By 2024 Smackdown Live will just be two hours of Miz & Mrs with occasional matches thrown in.

- Charlotte/Becky:
NICE. I like this edge to Becky. I think I'd be OK with her turning heel.

- B. Bros squash:
Ah. Good times.

- Miz/Bryan video:They have severely underutilized Miz as an antagonist since some of this early clips.

- New Day vs. SAnitY:
Fun so far.

Dain has some real potential.

Both sides have really good teamwork.

I love Big E throwing people around. Big E vs. Dain would be awesome.

Good work!

- Paige/Joe:
I like this version of Joe.

- Andrade vs. Aiden:
Aiden has made it a lot further than I expected post-Vaudevillains. Ellsworth is fired but he's still around? Also I REALLY want to see him team with R-Truth.

Not bad.

- Post-match:
I'm all for something new with Rusev and Lana splitting.

- Paige/AJ:
Oh I'm sure AJ and Joe will just sit back and play Fortnite.

- Hardy vs. Shelton:
I'm not shocked the Hardys are hurting in 2018; I'm more chocked they still put themselves through it.

I miss Shelton being featured.

That was pretty fun.

- Post-match:
Good work to set up Sunday.

- AJ/Joe:
It's funny to think of AJ as the old vet now.

I like Family Dad AJ.

Joe's letter is pretty funny.

HAHAHAHAH. Impact would have played that as a serious angle. I would pop so hard for a Claire Lynch appearance. Actually, this would be a great angle for Dixie Carter and/or Jeff Jarrett to make a cameo.

-- 205 Live:
- Lio promo:
Lio actually feels like a star instead of a wrestler. As much as I love some of the workers on this show, not many have the It Factor of the Man of the Hour.

- Lio vs. Akira:
I like this so far.

205 Live really needed someone like Lio post-Enzo.

Lio is a heck of an athlete whose character takes him that extra mile.

Tozawa's a credible worker.

I like Rush needing to pull deeper than he did previously.

Good work.

- Mustafa update:
Nice to see Drake put his workers' needs first like that.

- Itami squash:
These people just coming in and thinking they can disrespect Itami!

Itami's just killing him.

I liked that.

- Post-match:
Haha. Hideo doesn't care about the match being over.

- Drake/Nese/Murphy:I'm good with another tag team match, but the small roster is definitely really showing.

- Noam/TJP next week:
Works for me.

- Cedric vs. Gallagher:
I like the mind games early.

These two are good at what they do.

I like the conniving ways here.

This is going well.

Gallagher got the memo to target the neck, huh?

There's a good story going on here.

I like how different this is from the other matches on the show.

That was a really good story.

- Post-match:
OH MY CAN HE OVERCOME THE ODDS???

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment